Starfinder Playlist
Page 21 of 28 First ... 111920212223 ... Last
    In fact, I made a joke video using this stuff to make fun of one of my own extensions - shows parts of my live SW5E campaign I'm running now in fact!
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Well our game today discovered multiple issues with the base page 1 .mod data mostly in spells some in bonus proficiency engineer text. Effects that have the (C) concentration effect defined have to have a ; in front of it at the very least. Will have to fix all these and some other spells etc. that I had not really looked at before. Characters just hit level 3 and found several of them so figure there are more. Will post when I have fixes.

[too many to fix in one sitting - every single concentration spell effect is wrong - have "(C)" instead of "; (C)" or "; (C);" - will take a while to do all of them]
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 3rd, 2021 at 06:31.

Blog Entries
    I love the new Forge in the FG store! I just downloaded the Star Wars player's handbook. Does anyone know if any of the other books on SW5e will be converted to modules?
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    I love the new Forge in the FG store! I just downloaded the Star Wars player's handbook. Does anyone know if any of the other books on SW5e will be converted to modules?
    Have to ask Pico. I have my own fixes/extras .mod on top of his and I'm currently fixing a whole raft of spells for my own game. When done I post it to my original post in here. Some things you should know are SW5e changes their manuals very frequently - pico has stated he's not trying to keep up with it and my fixes .mod are based on the original .mod I pulled from page 1 when I originally started. I have no intention of trying to keep up with the sites constant changes and made up my own space combat to simplify things.

Gist is - Forge is only going to have pico's stuff. He has my full permission to use whatever I do in his stuff - but I'm doing this for my current campaign and don't plan on changing from my frozen state of his original .ext/.mod that I pulled and my extras .mod on top of that.

@SilentRuin. I'll add fixing the (C) issue as a high priority.
    @Niles. There is no way I can keep up with the main SW5e project's pace of change. After they changed almost every spell last year (easily over 200 spells changed) , I stopped trying. I can imagine if Wizards changed the PHB every few months to this extent, we wouldn't see any systems like FG even trying to automate anything and just stick their PDF in their game and say "good luck".

You can download a copy of the SW5e PDF that I am using as a source in my top posts. That's the best I can do.
    I have most of the "monster manual" in this mod. But, I am not even sure how I would implement the space combat/starships and faction play stuff they have out. I can't remember the name of those PDFs.
    I certainly have absolutely no intention of ever implementing any of the extended content. It would be like trying to catch a slime monster with tweezers.

Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    @SilentRuin. I'll add fixing the (C) issue as a high priority.
    @Niles. There is no way I can keep up with the main SW5e project's pace of change. After they changed almost every spell last year (easily over 200 spells changed) , I stopped trying. I can imagine if Wizards changed the PHB every few months to this extent, we wouldn't see any systems like FG even trying to automate anything and just stick their PDF in their game and say "good luck".

You can download a copy of the SW5e PDF that I am using as a source in my top posts. That's the best I can do.
    I have most of the "monster manual" in this mod. But, I am not even sure how I would implement the space combat/starships and faction play stuff they have out. I can't remember the name of those PDFs.
    I certainly have absolutely no intention of ever implementing any of the extended content. It would be like trying to catch a slime monster with tweezers.
    No worries - I have a live game to manage and I just keep sharing things I've modified over your original version - I'm not waiting for anything so you do what you wish. If you ever do incorporate all my fixes/extras just let me know and I'll check it out.

This latest update in SW5e_Extras.mod has a TON of spell override fixes added, some engineering bonus proficiency fixes, and whatever else I found. In general most were fixes to incorrect concentration effect definitions - but also corrected garbage text, incorrect functionality, and other things I noticed in spells as I corrected the concentration effects. By no means does this mean I VERIFIED any of these - I've only verified fixes up to my games level 3 characters which means I've not verified a lot by any standard.

Per usual if you use my .mod on top of pico's .mod then you should (and your players) only access SW5e_Extras group spells when their is more than one definition in your spell list. And you should NOT use feats of the same name as a spell which I tried to put into a duplicate directory so you know not to grab those. Sometimes there are 3 versions of a spell though because the original spell had a correction and their was feat/trait named exactly the same as the spell (differentiated by feats always being level 0 - you have to rename one of them if you have a cantrip and a feat/trait with the same name which I have done). Sounds confusing? Maybe. Gist is you only have to worry about picking SW5E_extras when there is more than one name of something. Turns out deleting any conflicts in host is no good as players will never see those modifications. Only long term solution is probably to blend the two .mods into one mod. Not going to take on that anytime soon - for now they can just make they pick the corrected item/spell/class/feat/etc.

Updated in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post606521
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 3rd, 2021 at 17:25.

I'm probably a masochist or something for putting myself through the work instead of just using the perfectly fine modules available, but I'm currently in the process of combining the work that pico and SilentRuin have done here into a Player's Handbook module. I'll then break off the "monsters" into a separate Scum & Villiany module and likely add any that may have been skipped. After that I may see about working on the Wretched Hives or Starships books as separate modules as well.

Do note though that the work I'm doing is all based on the way I like to play. Meaning that the coding will be done to take advantage of certain extensions (Equipped Effects, Better Combat Effects, Ongoing Save Effects, and others) that I use and this will make my version of the modules not quite as open-ended or user-friendly for those who may not want to use the same extensions. Having said all of that, I'll gladly share the modules here when I'm done if any are interested in using them as a framework or whatever else.
    Last edited by miked2681; August 3rd, 2021 at 22:16.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miked2681 View Post
    I'm probably a masochist or something for putting myself through the work instead of just using the perfectly fine modules available, but I'm currently in the process of combining the work that pico and SilentRuin have done here into a Player's Handbook module. I'll then break off the "monsters" into a separate Scum & Villiany module and likely add any that may have been skipped. After that I may see about working on the Wretched Hives or Starships books as separate modules as well.

Do note though that the work I'm doing is all based on the way I like to play. Meaning that the coding will be done to take advantage of certain extensions (Equipped Effects, Better Combat Effects, Ongoing Save Effects, and others) that I use and this will make my version of the modules not quite as open-ended or user-friendly for those who may not want to use the same extensions. Having said all of that, I'll gladly share the modules here when I'm done if any are interested in using them as a framework or whatever else.
    Heck yeah, miked. I'd be glad to have those when you convert them. Thank you for the time spent making them!
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Heck yeah, miked. I'd be glad to have those when you convert them. Thank you for the time spent making them!
    The real credit goes to pico and SilentRuin. Without the framework that they made, which I am able to copy and modify slightly to my own ends, I doubt I'd ever have begun to convert any of this on my own. Besides, I still have to get through this first module without burning myself out or I won't have anything to share lol.

Quote Originally Posted by miked2681 View Post
    The real credit goes to pico and SilentRuin. Without the framework that they made, which I am able to copy and modify slightly to my own ends, I doubt I'd ever have begun to convert any of this on my own. Besides, I still have to get through this first module without burning myself out or I won't have anything to share lol.
    Credit goes to pico - he made this stuff - like you I just added on as I needed to. Never would have attempted it from scratch - no way no how. Pico is the hero of the story.

Thread Information