STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Hallelujah, I got a success on the connection test! And was able to get a player to Connect.

It seems like it was a firewall issue where the port 1802 was allowed as an inbound rule but not outbound.

It was Windows Defender that was causing it specifically.

Great! Glad you got it working. Game on!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm still struggling trying to get mine to work - currently at a hotel so have no access to the modem.

Both Internal and External IP in Fantasy Grounds are the same - which match my PureVPN IP address - I have dedicated IP, have tried to set my security software (ESET) to allow 1802 for all fantasy grounds .exe files. Still get a failed test - not sure what to try next....

Blog Entries
    Have you tested this and it works when you are home? (i.e. the PurePN connection)
    Does the Pure VPN window show connection with Dedicated IP?
    Does your network connection show Private/Home/Work and not Public?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Did you connect to the server with the dedicated IP in dedicated IP mode?

Try deleting the permission from the firewall and accepting again when prompted as the update process sometimes makes the firewall think it is a new program.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

LordEntrails -

Yes - back on my network - the connection test still fails. But people can connect, so I am happy.

Myrdin -

yes using the dedicated IP mode.

Myrdin -
    So I can host a game from home - firewall ported. However if I switch to my pureVPN connection even at home no one can get through to the game. As I travel a fair bit for work, I would like to get this sorted. What do I need to check or change?

Blog Entries
    I was just able to use mine (new install at work.)

Did you connect to the dedicated IP server? Is it the same IP address every time?

What are your IP addresses that show up when you check?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Myrdin -
    So I can host a game from home - firewall ported. However if I switch to my pureVPN connection even at home no one can get through to the game. As I travel a fair bit for work, I would like to get this sorted. What do I need to check or change?
    Check what Myrdin mentions.

Also:
    1) Make sure that your PureVPN network connection (once connected) is showing as Private and not Public.
    2) Start your VPN connection before you start Fantasy Grounds. Once the VPN connection is completely connected, start Fantasy Grounds and on the Load Campaign screen click the Address Information - External field, this should show the IP address of your VPN connection.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information