DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Idea for FG developers: Rotateable Grids for Isometric Map Overlay and Support

Is it possible to add the capability to allow a rotateable square and hex grid so it can better be used with Isometric Maps? I've tried fiddling with switching from Square to Hex to try and simulate this, but it still doesn't quite align nicely in most cases.

I figure the coreRPG section was the best place for this request. If not, please feel free to move the thread (I couldn't find a main/core feature request section).

The best place is actually the wish list. Link in my signature.

I doubt the current version of FG would be capable of this, but it is something that might be possible in Unity.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Isometric grid support is a feature of the upcoming Fantasy Grounds Unity.

Blog Entries
    Note, in my experience many maps that claim to be on an isometric grid are actually on a perspective grid or something the cartographer/artist thinks is an isogrid. Not sure if FGU is going to use a mathematical isometric grid or if it will allow grids to be "tweaked" to match whatever the map happens to be using.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

@Doug et al., since we'll be starting beta access in a week, will isometric capabilities be working for map grids?

I am super stoked to start testing out the new platform and cannot wait!!!
    Ultimate License: Fantasy Grounds Unity
    Timezone: Eastern (GMT -4)
    Play Time: Prefer 6 p.m. Eastern, or later
    Playing and GM: Savage Worlds Adventure Edition / D&D 5e
    Discord: vripley#8567
    youtube.com/c/vaughnripley

Quote Originally Posted by YamaShintaku View Post
    @Doug et al., since we'll be starting beta access in a week, will isometric capabilities be working for map grids?

I am super stoked to start testing out the new platform and cannot wait!!!
    Yes, and again there's no need to post the same thing in multiple threads.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information