5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

What would you charge for a set of magical (2 cantrips) fine clothing.

I am putting together a noble sorcerer. How much would he have to fork out for a suit of fine clothing enchanted with a permanent Prestidigitation/cleaning cantrip and a permanent Mending cantrip?

after all, if a noble is going to be slumming with scruffy, nerf herding adventurers...he might as well look good.

Blog Entries
    Depends upon the setting. Such things might be fairly common in some settings, maybe a few hundred GP (plus the cost of the finery). But in other setting permanent magic might be harder to come buy.

If I remember correctly, most common magic items in the DMG are consumables, and are valued 50-100gp. Uncommon are often permanent items and they cost 101-500gp. Of course, a nice set of clothing (silks, precious embroidery, etc) without magic can cost a few hundred right? So if you add another ~250gp to that, seems reasonable. So, 500gp for a magic set of fine clothing with such permanent magic on them for a default FR setting.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sounds kind of like the "Glamerweave" garments described in the Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron (page 115) which are listed as common magic items, and the Rope of Mending in Xanathar's Guide to Everything page 138, also a common item. "Fine Clothes" in the Player's Handbook are 15 gp, and the Gleaming minor property in the Dungeon Master's Guide (item never gets dirty) doesn't increase the rarity of an item it's applied to.

For Gleaming Fine Clothes of Mending, I would value it at 115 gp.

Two properties is a lot. Also you want to avoid using the word prestidigitation because that sucker does a ton of stuff and giving everyone unlimited access to it cheaply is too much. I'd just say ever-clean self mending clothing. And I'd run it the same as most uncommon magic items 100-500gp if your setting allows for the sale of magic items.

In Eberron or Ravnica I'd aim at the low end somewhere like the 115 or 125 like epithet suggested. In Forgotten Realms I'd aim 200-300, middle of the road. In Ravenloft I'd actually go over to 650-ish.

The price should also reflect where it came from. A gnomish refugee running a tailor shop out of her home in Rel Astra's barbarian district might give you a fair price (1x) while a a bespoke ensemble from a gentleman's shop in Greyhawk would naturally carry a price (1.5x) that reflected the personalized service one expects from such a bulwark of civilization. "Manners maketh man," after all.

From an upscale boutique in Kalstrand, the latest fashion that everyone who's anyone will recognize as the work of a famous designer can be a real steal (3x) and would go so well with these reasonably priced (ha ha) accessories, don't you think?

Yes, those are good ideas too ^.^

Thread Information