FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    You must have written the effect expression into Edge/Hindrance/Ability's Effect field BEFORE you add it to anyone. That field is only read & copied when drop the ability to record sheet. The so called "second line" is the same field that maps to Ability record's Effects field, but it is populated from the ability records source when you drop the Ability. The reason for this is that unlike Items and Gear, Edges are NOT copied completely into your character sheet, instead they are links to original records. For instance, if you have added any official SWADE Abilities and you click the link, that record is hard locked because it references to the module it comes from.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

IceBear,
    Since you mentioned screenshots I thought posting some might explain what I am working with.
    I added the Bring it on Edge like so:
    Bring it on.png

You see that in the effects section I put the formula. But, it doesn't work from there. It only works if I manually put it in the character sheet, like this:
    Char_Sht_edge.png

So, my big question is, do the edges not automatically populate the effects they are describing? Do I have to go in and manually update all of them?

Thanks,
    Paul

Ikael,
    That's interesting. I built the edges before I ever imported them. I'll go back and edit them and see what happens.

Thanks for the tip,
    Paul

Ikael and IceBear,
    So, that was totally it. I needed to add the effects to the new edges to make them take effect. Sorry about being such a pain. The virus has forced me to take my home game online. It's a lot more prep than just drawing maps on my dining room table. I really appreciate the help you guys.

Thank You Soooooo much!

Don't worry about it...I've only been using FG since March 17th for the same reason

If I may as possibly a related issue to some of this, I am trying to add an effect to a power that would be applied directly on the power. I can drag the correct effect syntax onto the spell description and it appears like it would when attached to an item but then doesnt seem to do anything. In some of the other rulesets, I can create effects under the spell description that I can at least then manually drag onto the targeted character. Is there no way to do this under SWADE short of finding it in the global effects list and dragging it across from there to the CT every time? Screenshot attached to illustrate trying to set up a subpower where PPs adjusted to add fatigue to the target along with damage (Franklin's zapper entry)Annotation 2020-05-08 123516.jpg

As of right now Effects can't be added to targets of a power. What I've told my spellcaster player to do is add the effect to his hotbar and put a note on his power that it adds this effect. Then drag the effect from his hotbar to the target in the combat tracker

Thanks that sounds like a sensible workaround. Just wanted to be sure wasn't simply doing it wrong as the effect allowed itself to be dragged across almost like it wanted to work ��

I was where you are now a couple of weeks ago I'm like, why can't my wizard's lingering bolt leave an effect on the target to take 2d4 damage the next round and roll the damage for me. Turns out, Ikael wants to do it, but it's a big project so until then I made an effect that lasts one round called Lingering Damage and we put it on any target of a lingering bolt spell. It's there just as a visual reminder to roll /dmg 2d4 and apply it to the target on his next turn.

Things are automated so much that when they don't, it's like "Huh? What am I doing wrong?"

Thread Information