5E Character Create Playlist
Page 8 of 16 First ... 678910 ... Last
    If I have 2 short swords in my inventory, only one will show in the actions tab. There is nothing (that I know of) to say both are in use (if there is I would love to know how, been struggling with this for ages).

The issue being of course, that if you used both only one would have the damage bonus, which I understand this addresses, but you still only have one entry on the actions panel.
    Last edited by Ajantear; August 20th, 2019 at 22:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajantear View Post
    If I have 2 short swords in my inventory, only one will show in the actions tab. There is nothing (that I know of) to say both are in use (if there is I would love to know how, been struggling with this for ages).

The issue being of course, that if you used both only one would have the damage bonus, which I understand this addresses, but you still only have one entry on the actions panel.
    I understand. Well imo the problem is with the inventory system. Items with the same name are all stacked and considered as a singole equipped item. Not the best of the solution.
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:
    D&D 5e - "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist"

Language: Italian

In the inventory make it so you only have 1 shortsword. Rename it as: Swordsword 1 or right handed or whatever. Rename it so in the Actions Tab as well, then drag your second Swordsword in.
    Bam, two shortswords. Might wanna rename the second one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer931 View Post
    In the inventory make it so you only have 1 shortsword. Rename it as: Swordsword 1 or right handed or whatever. Rename it so in the Actions Tab as well, then drag your second Swordsword in.
    Bam, two shortswords. Might wanna rename the second one too.
    I think the whole point of this extension was so you didn’t have to do that. I would not rename the weapon in the inventory and drag another one in since that means your carry weight will increase. You would just add a new weapon line in the actions tab to handle the off hand weapon. However, as I say, the point of this extension is to avoid that, but in the case of the two weapons being the same that is the only way to handle it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I think the whole point of this extension was so you didn’t have to do that. I would not rename the weapon in the inventory and drag another one in since that means your carry weight will increase. You would just add a new weapon line in the actions tab to handle the off hand weapon. However, as I say, the point of this extension is to avoid that, but in the case of the two weapons being the same that is the only way to handle it.
    It would not increase the carryweight. Having two shortswords of the same weight doesn't make them weigh the same as one shortsword, if you want to uniquely swing two shortswords, one set to offhand, (My advice is just get two weapon fighting style so you don't have to) naming your second sword 'Off-hand Shortsword' and making it offhand in actions separately is the only way, unless you know how to punch in a new weapon attack in the actions tab, but if you don't, this is more convenient.

Just make sure the two swords named differently weigh the same and are counted as one each, which with some common sense you should of done anyhow. >:v

Now have fun playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The point of this extension is to change the way you are handling a weapon. It's slightly different.
    I'm more used to videogame where if you are equipping two swords I would expect two separate actions.

Anyway there's a workaround so we're fine 😃
    My twitch channel

Currently DMing:
    D&D 5e - "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist"

Language: Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Killer931 View Post
    It would not increase the carryweight. Having two shortswords of the same weight doesn't make them weigh the same as one shortsword,.
    Haha, yes of course. I was thinking versatile rather than two handed. Also it is 2am so things are fuzzy ��
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hello. How could i add the GW style? REROLL 2 effect only if wielding a weapon two handed?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theMaXX View Post
    Hello. How could i add the GW style? REROLL 2 effect only if wielding a weapon two handed?
    You can't. You can add an effect for GWM, but FG doesn't know if you are wielding a one-handed or a two handed weapon. Or, you can change the traits of the weapons that are two handed themselves. Depends on your preference.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah, your best bet is to create a version of the weapon specifically for 2H use with the REROLL property applied to it.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information