DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Give players more bennies?

Hello, is there a way to assign my players more than three bennies? I want to award bennies to my players for roleplaying but the game only lets me fill up the slot with three. Thanks!

Drag a benny from the benny icon in the DM's tool window and drop it on the character's portrait. I think you can also right-click on a players portrait then find a give benny option on the radial menu.

Bennies in the ruleset are designed to be drag-and-dropped when you want to use or share them. As GM you can drag Bennies from the Benny stack (see bottom of your desktop) and drop to PC Portrait, their Benny field or CT entry to award the Benny. There are numerous other ways to use Bennies, for instance you can drop it to Shaken icon to remove the Shaken state, drop it on Attribute or Skill to re-roll it or to CT pending damage entries to make Soak roll. Try them out!
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    There are numerous other ways to use Bennies, for instance you can drop it to Shaken icon to remove the Shaken state, drop it on Attribute or Skill to re-roll it or to CT pending damage entries to make Soak roll. Try them out!
    Wow, this ruleset is even more amazing than I thought. Are those ways to use benny from GM/Player perspective documented? I admit I have read the PDFs that are in the doc folder but I don't recall those usages. :|
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

My group only plays for about 3 hours and maybe have 2 encounters each session. 3 bennies each is a bit much. Is there a way to make the default number 1 or 2?

In a 3 hour session with 2 encounters, I usually end up giving a total of 5-6 bennies per player. You can try to encourage them to get a higher roll. Give them more opportunities for rolls, like Dramatic Tasks. Remember to reset the bennies at the start of the next session. They shouldn't build up from session to session. If they don't use them they lose them.

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    I had heard Shane Hensley in an interview discussing the benny economy of Savage Worlds, and one on my GM's pulled this quote out of the SW World builders guide, if it helps at all. from the World Builder and GM Guide (pg 86):
    "Bennies
    —By Shane Hensley
    Some Game Masters are stingy with Bennies or forget to give them out entirely, but they’re critical to the underlying “economy” of the game. They’re the
    main tool the players have to make the “swinginess” of exploding dice work in their favor rather than against them.
    Most GMs are afraid Bennies will make it too easy for the players, but overand over we’ve seen otherwise. Players not only get excited and try new and different things when they’re awarded Bennies more frequently, but they’re also far more willing to spend them on noncombat, non-critical rolls." As a player and GM the more bennies the better, and SWADE allows rerolls for damage as well now, plus hucksters in Deadlands need bennies to deal with the devil. But as a GM I often forget to reward good roleplaying or creative plays with bennies, so I just set the deck to 4 jokers to help bring balance.

Maybe I didn't explain this well enough. It's not a matter of not giving them out, I just want to know if there is a way of editing the starting amount. As DM, I'll figure out what works out with giving my group bennies, and if they are finding it too easy or not. Can I edit the starting number of bennies?

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbelly View Post
    Maybe I didn't explain this well enough. It's not a matter of not giving them out, I just want to know if there is a way of editing the starting amount. As DM, I'll figure out what works out with giving my group bennies, and if they are finding it too easy or not. Can I edit the starting number of bennies?
    You have to manually reduce each player’s Benny pool manually. There is no way I think to override the default.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbelly View Post
    You could try out defining [Benny -1] global effect. However that would affect PCs and NPCs
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information