DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Savage Worlds updates in Test channel

I'll let Ikael post more details when he's online; but the latest major revision of the Savage Worlds system is now in the Test channel.

Please note that these changes will impact your existing campaigns. Ikael has added a pop-up dialog to let you choose to migrate to SWADE or not. It is not suggested to change between versions on the same campaign, as you may run into issues.

It is suggested as always to save off your existing campaigns, just in case.

Regards,
    JPG

Welcome to SWADE beta-testing

Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE) ruleset is now available in Test channel! If you already own Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition ruleset you can join in beta-testing SWADE ruleset by switching Fantasy Grounds to Test channel and running the updater. After the update you can find two rulesets: SavageWorlds and SWD. SWD ruleset is your familiar Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition rules with lots of new features and improvements (see more below). If you use the SavageWorlds ruleset, you are playing with new and awesome SWADE rules!

When launching existing campaign with this update you are given dialogue option to switch using SWADE ruleset or keep using SWD. The dialogue option is given only once, but if you skipped it you can switch to SWADE by using slash command /swade in your campaign.

Report any bugs and other issues to this thread!

Good to know
    • SWADE modules are not available yet. If you are Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition ruleset owner you have access to the new SWADE ruleset but will need to purchase SWADE modules when they are ready. Meanwhile you can still use the new ruleset, load up Deluxe Edition and any other existing Savage Worlds modules and have fun. Reference to SWADE PDF for rule changes!
    • SWADE theme is not available yet.
    Last edited by Ikael; January 3rd, 2019 at 21:48.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Changelog

The update provide new features and improvements to both ruleset (SWADE and SWD). Change with [SWADE] tag are only available in SWADE ruleset while changes with [SavageWorlds] are available in both SWADE and SWD rulesets.

[SWADE] Core skills added to sheet when PC is created
    [SWADE] New Modifierstack buttons: Multi-Action and Run
    [SWADE] Load limit is automatically calculated
    [SWADE] Brawny Edge rule regarding Encumbrance implemented
    [SWADE] Power Surge Edge rule implemented
    [SWADE] Hard to Kill Edge rule implemented
    [SWADE] No Mercy Edge rule implemented
    [SWADE] Tough As Nails/Tougher Than Nails Edge rules implemented
    [SWADE] Iron Jaw Edge rule implemented
    [SWADE] Obese Hindrance rule implemented
    [SWADE] Very Young Hindrance rule implemented
    [SWADE] Size Wounds threshold rules implemented
    [SWADE] Hesitant Hindrance Action Card rule implemented
    [SWADE] Carry Encumbrance affects Pace
    [SWADE] Armor Encumbrance affects Pace
    [SWADE] Encumbrance rules updated
    [SWADE] Stunned rules implemented
    [SWADE] Incapacitation and Bleeding Out rules implemented
    [SWADE] Effect duration rules updated
    [SWADE] Vehicle sheet updated
    [SWADE] Joker's Wild rule implemented
    [SWADE] Critical Failure rule implemented
    [SWADE] Joker's Wild rules can be adjusted by changing new House Rules option
    [SWADE] New option: "Auto-roll Effect recovery". When enabled Stun recovery is auto-rolled
    [SWADE] XP field removed from PC sheet
    [SWADE] /xp slashcommand removed
    [SWADE] Change CT Tracker type option removed
    [SWADE] Distracted, Vulnerable, Stunned, Entangled and Bound effect icons on tokens
    [SWD] Races, Hindrances and Edges updated
    [SavageWorlds] Racial Abilities list
    [SavageWorlds] Elan Edge rules regarding Soak updated
    [SavageWorlds] Dropping Edges, Hindrances and Abilities to PC sheet add modifiers to stats
    [SavageWorlds] Effects can be referenced with # prefix. For instance [#Vulnerable]
    [SavageWorlds] New option: Auto-apply Size modifiers
    [SavageWorlds] Make Group Rolls by holding ALT down and rolling NPC Trait
    [SavageWorlds] Cards can be dropped on images and maps
    [SavageWorlds] Benny can be dropped on Power Points field to regain d6 Power Points
    [SavageWorlds] Brave Edge rule implemented
    [SavageWorlds] Giant Killer Edge rule implemented
    [SavageWorlds] Resilient/Very Resilient ability rules implemented
    [SavageWorlds] Anemic Hindrance rule implemented
    [SavageWorlds] Yellow Hindrance rule implemented
    [SavageWorlds] Dropping ability to sheet will remove existing requirements abilities. For instance adding "Great Luck" would remove "Luck"
    [SavageWorlds] Run effect keyword support added. For instance [Run -1d, Run -1] to reduce running die by one die type and -1 when rolling it
    [SavageWorlds] Size effect keyword support added. For instance [Size +2] to increase actor's size by two
    [SavageWorlds] Extreme Range support added
    [SavageWorlds] Add > at the end of the Attribute effect keyword to make it affect all linked Traits. For instance [Agility> -2]
    [SavageWorlds] Size effect keyword affects Toughness
    [SavageWorlds] CT Effect Tab-autocomplete support added
    [SavageWorlds] Effect list remastered
    [SavageWorlds] Effect list in Power sheet
    [SavageWorlds] Modifiers list in Power sheet
    [SavageWorlds] New Advances field in PC sheet
    [SavageWorlds] New Advance button in Party Sheet. Gives an Advance to all PCs
    [SavageWorlds] New /advance slash commands. Gives an Advance to all PCs
    [SavageWorlds] Dealt cards can be browsed and selected in CT
    [SavageWorlds] Drop Benny to CT card selection to draw additional card
    [SavageWorlds] If combatant has more than one card to select from they will be shown on start of the round
    [SavageWorlds] Smart Derived Stat layouting (3-in-row and 2-in-row)
    [SavageWorlds] GM Bennies will reset when PC Bennies are reset in Party Sheet view
    [SavageWorlds] When Wild Die replaces Trait die result, it is highlighted in chat
    [SavageWorlds] Critical Failure rolls are highlighted in chat
    [SavageWorlds] Ganging Up effect keyword renamed to Gang Up
    [SavageWorlds] Action Card edges and powers are ignored when combatant is Incapaciated
    [SavageWorlds] Running roll result show more information
    [SavageWorlds] Parry effect bonuses in multiple equipped weapons does not stack, unless you have Ambidextrous Edge
    [SavageWorlds] Minimum Strength field for melee weapons and armors
    [SavageWorlds] Weapon Minimum Strength rule implemented; beneficial effects on weapons are ignored if minimum strength is not fulfilled
    [SavageWorlds] CT default space value calculated from actor's size
    [SavageWorlds] Default NPC faction is foe when dropped to CT
    [SavageWorlds] Pace, Parry and Toughness Derived Stat value cannot be less than one
    [SavageWorlds] Ranged weapon MinStr penalty is affected by Effects
    [SavageWorlds] Ammunition counter is not displayed in attack list unless number of shots are defined
    [SavageWorlds] Ammunition counter is shown in sub-attack entries
    [SavageWorlds] Effects are searched from NPC weaponlist
    [SavageWorlds] Non-power effects can only be applied to self
    [SavageWorlds] Default effects and modifiers can be registered in the ruleset
    [SavageWorlds] Race shortcut can be dropped to Abilities list
    [SavageWorlds] Power effects are linked to PC
    [SavageWorlds] CT pending damage results ignored altered Wounds threshold. Fixed
    [SavageWorlds] Auto-center map could reveal hidden NPCs for players. Fixed
    [SavageWorlds] Character summary tool did not count Major Hindrance points correctly. Fixed
    [SavageWorlds] New /roll slash command added. Use /help to see more details
    [SavageWorlds] Damage threshold effect keywords changed to "Wounds Threshold" and "Fatigue Threshold"
    [SavageWorlds] New effect keywords: Natural Healing, Fear Check, Fatigue, Disruption, Bleeding Out, Knockout
    [SavageWorlds] Effects can be written in Edges, Hindrances and Racial Abilities directly
    [SavageWorlds] House rules option: "Effects: Duration proceeds on" removed
    [SavageWorlds] Force Close Combat targeting options removed
    [SavageWorlds] effect data path changed to effects
    [SavageWorlds] modifier data path changed to modifiers
    [SavageWorlds] Icon parameters removed from ArcaneManager.registerArcaneType function
    [SavageWorlds] Regain Power Points API provided
    [SavageWorlds] Minimum Strength API provided
    [SavageWorlds] Actor Size API provided
    [SavageWorlds] Benny right click context menu removed. Drag-and-drop to use Bennies
    Last edited by Ikael; January 28th, 2019 at 20:00.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Highlights

How to use Bennies

Last edited by Ikael; January 4th, 2019 at 22:18.

I got it to update, but am struggling to figure out how to edit the character traits in the character sheet.

(nvm) right click, ASSIGN.
    Last edited by MoNeart; January 4th, 2019 at 01:06. Reason: Figured it out.

Question about Hindrances

I add two major hindrances, yet it only shows minor?

Awesome work, as usual!

Few things I got when trying it out:
    Encumbered is written "Encumbrered" on Effect list
    [SavageWorlds] Hesitant Hindrance Action Card rule implemented <- Sometimes won't work when drawing Jokers. It will pick the lowest card instead of joker making it possible for the CT to run out of cards because the joker was discarded.
    [SWADE] Hard to Kill Edge rule implemented <- Didn't work for me (it used to, on SWD. Maybe the Hindrance on the official SWADE module will?). Also Bleeding Out auto-rolls on the turns after don't seem to be working anymore.
    [SavageWorlds] CT Effect Tab-autocomplete support added <- Some anomalies when having [#stunned]. When auto-rolls for stun recovery, it will add another stun effect instead of removing it. Otherwise, works great.

Now a few things I couldn't test because I wasn't sure about:
    [SavageWorlds] Dropping Edges, Hindrances and Abilities to PC sheet add modifiers to stats -> How does that work? I've seen your videos on this working, but how do I create a custom Edge that will add to Parry, for example?
    Brave Edge rule implemented and [SavageWorlds] Yellow Hindrance rule implemented <- Not sure how to do Fear checks, or how that's implemented.
    [SavageWorlds] Anemic Hindrance rule implemented <- Not sure how to do Fatigue Rolls, or how that's implemented.

Few other things I noticed:
    - Character summary won't count a second Major hindrance points (I know, nobody cares)
    - Completely not sure about this, but Powers have no Damage field. Powers from the SWD module will have the damage added correctly, but if I am to create a new power there is no field to add Damage and I have to change it manually later on.
    - I only noticed this now, never tested beforehand so it possibly isn't just a new SWADE thing: When handing a parcel directly to a player, not using the party sheet but by holding Alt and dropping it to his portrait, every item will be added to it's inventory but weapons and armors will be added to Mundane Items.

So far so great, had it tested in about an hour but still have to put it to test through some games with real players. Keep rocking, Ikael!
    Last edited by Dr0W; January 4th, 2019 at 07:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    [SWADE] Hard to Kill Edge rule implemented <- Didn't work for me (it used to, on SWD. Maybe the Hindrance on the official SWADE module will?). Also Bleeding Out auto-rolls on the turns after don't seem to be working anymore.
    According to SWADE rules Hard to Kill removed Wound penalties from Bleeding Out, not from Incapacitation roll. Also Bleeding Out is rolled on character's turn, not in start of round like in SWD. I tested these and they worked as expected.

[SavageWorlds] Dropping Edges, Hindrances and Abilities to PC sheet add modifiers to stats -> How does that work? I've seen your videos on this working, but how do I create a custom Edge that will add to Parry, for example?
    I will add data to SWD modules to allow testing these out.

Brave Edge rule implemented and [SavageWorlds] Yellow Hindrance rule implemented <- Not sure how to do Fear checks, or how that's implemented.
    [SavageWorlds] Anemic Hindrance rule implemented <- Not sure how to do Fatigue Rolls, or how that's implemented.
    I will add add slash command to allow you rolling these.

- Completely not sure about this, but Powers have no Damage field. Powers from the SWD module will have the damage added correctly, but if I am to create a new power there is no field to add Damage and I have to change it manually later on.
    Right click on Power and select "Attack info". There you can input the data.

Other topics, are mostly fixed and will be part of next update. Thanks for the excellent testing!

Awesome work, as usual!
    - I only noticed this now, never tested beforehand so it possibly isn't just a new SWADE thing: When handing a parcel directly to a player, not using the party sheet but by holding Alt and dropping it to his portrait, every item will be added to it's inventory but weapons and armors will be added to Mundane Items.
    Seems like this has been around for a while and it is because CoreRPG has only single item list while SavageWorlds has multiple. I will ignore this for now, and check later if SavageWorlds can override CoreRPG's ItemManager.sendItemTransfer to support target list item by item instead. Initial thoughts, John?

Update

Upcoming update provides following changes:

• New /roll slash command added. Use /help to see more details
    • Racial Abilities list added (open from Race masterindex)
    • Run effect import added (when adding Fleet Footed, the rundie is increased accordingly)
    • Hesitant hindrance did not work correctly. Fixed
    • Powers did not proceed correctly. Fixed
    • Hindrance points were not calculated correctly. Fixed
    • Default effects/modifiers did not load correct list. Fixed
    • Added /rebuild slashcommand which will re-load default effects and modifiers

Thread Information