FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Wish List for 1.0.9 (February 2019)

Greetings All,

Here's the thread for what people want to see in v1.0.9 which I plan to release in February.

One thing that's going in, is the next part of the PSI ability development, there's a separate thread discussing that.

What's next?

Here's the list, not sure all will make it though I'm starting on 1.0.9 as soon as 1.0.8 (there's a bug atm in CT) is released and live a week or so.

• PSI - Part II
    • One Time Characteristic overrides
    • Damage Types (and Armour resistances)

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; January 9th, 2019 at 01:08. Reason: Updated
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

One time overrides for the characteristic used for skill checks. My suggestion is to have a set of buttons at the bottom of the desktop (like the skill difficulty buttons), one for each characteristic. The player can then click the button, and do the skill roll, and for that next roll, it overrides the skill setup on the character sheet (if any), then it resets afterwards.
    Last edited by Andraax; January 5th, 2019 at 23:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Ont time overrides for the characteristic used for skill checks. My suggestion is to have a set of buttons at the bottom of the desktop (like the skill difficulty buttons), one for each characteristic. The player can then click the button, and do the skill roll, and for that next roll, it overrides the skill setup on the character sheet (if any), then it resets afterwards.
    Lovely, if you want to knock up a sample screen shot that'd help me 'picture' it.

Cheers
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Nice.

So talk me through it, with proper examples so I can test it against that and see it's all working.

Cheers

Well, let's say the player has skill "Life Sciences (Biology)" and has the characteristic "Education" set on the skill tab (because many rolls for that skill will use that modifier), so when they roll, it applies the Edu modifier. However, because they are examining some organic samples that no one has encountered before, I request a "Life Sciences (Biology)" roll using "Intelligence". Right now, they would have to click the cycler a bunch of times to change it to "Int", make the roll, then click it a bunch of times again to change it back to "Edu".

For this change, if I request a "Life Sciences (Biology)" roll using "Intelligence", they can click the "Int" button, make the roll - which will ignore the "Edu" modifier set on the skills tab and use the "Int" modifier instead - then the button clears (so the next roll will use the default again).

Well, let's say the player has skill "Life Sciences (Biology)" and has the characteristic "Education" set on the skill tab (because many rolls for that skill will use that modifier), so when they roll, it applies the Edu modifier. However, because they are examining some organic samples that no one has encountered before, I request a "Life Sciences (Biology)" roll using "Intelligence". Right now, they would have to click the cycler a bunch of times to change it to "Int", make the roll, then click it a bunch of times again to change it back to "Edu".

For this change, if I request a "Life Sciences (Biology)" roll using "Intelligence", they can click the "Int" button, make the roll - which will ignore the "Edu" modifier set on the skills tab and use the "Int" modifier instead - then the button clears (so the next roll will use the default again).
    Ok cool, I know this pain, asked a player to roll Firearms + Education so lots of clicking. I like your idea, I'll add this to 1.0.9 for you. Thanks for the example though, helps me fully understand and I think others reading this will welcome this idea.

My wish (ok, I know christmas is already over ) would be ship and vehicle combat.
    Pretty please

cya

I believe the current plan is finish psionics, polish what's in the game currently, rework for damage types, and then get statistics for starships into the game. Starship combat will require the starship statistical information to be available so that comes after the other stuff is completed.

I've been thinking a bit about the complexities the starship system will bring to development. It seems to me that to simulate an actual Traveller starship combat in FG you would need a separate starship combat tracker that has the various attributes of the starship. In addition the starship would need to have it's own character sheet with the skills linked to whichever PC or automation system is running that particular system (helm, navigation, weapons/defense, engineering, etc.). Then it has to work for MGT1 & MGT2 which are very different where starships are concerned.

It is possible that I've simply overcomplicated things in my mind, but it really does seem like it will be quite complex. So I can see why getting everything else nailed down first is a good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I believe the current plan is finish psionics, polish what's in the game currently, rework for damage types, and then get statistics for starships into the game. Starship combat will require the starship statistical information to be available so that comes after the other stuff is completed.

I've been thinking a bit about the complexities the starship system will bring to development. It seems to me that to simulate an actual Traveller starship combat in FG you would need a separate starship combat tracker that has the various attributes of the starship. In addition the starship would need to have it's own character sheet with the skills linked to whichever PC or automation system is running that particular system (helm, navigation, weapons/defense, engineering, etc.). Then it has to work for MGT1 & MGT2 which are very different where starships are concerned.

It is possible that I've simply overcomplicated things in my mind, but it really does seem like it will be quite complex. So I can see why getting everything else nailed down first is a good plan.
    Hello Esmdev,

This is what I want to do in 1.0.9.

Extend the Psionic stuff, allow the abilities to be added to the Action Tab - so that they may be rolled.
    Start on the Damage Types, before I do, really look into them.
    Add the Attribute buttons, to override the current Attribute during rolls.

Now regarding Starships.

In my head we first build the 'data' for the starships, ie like Vehicles, but bigger. So the first thing allow a button with finished Starships from the Book, so that we have the basic data/sheet.

Next we add the data for the parts of the ship, ie Armour, Jump Drives, Electronics etc.

So the starships will have linked data in most of their fields.

Now as you state, the CT for Starships will have to be built, that's all good.

The biggest issue is making the Starship a 'character sheet' that everyone can see and that can link their characters to their skills are linked, this is something I really need to get my head around.

Right, off to run my DnD game, cheers
    MBM

Thread Information