DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Update 1.0.8

Update 1.0.8

Greetings All,

I'm happy where I am with things at the moment, first part of the PSI stuff is completed (see below), plus all the known bugs are fixed (I hope!).

As usual I've been posting on my Twitter feed screen shots and updates on all of this. I recommend you follow that, quicker and easier for me to do whilst working on stuff, plus you can comment and give me feedback.

Anyway here's the main stuff inside 1.0.8.

Fixed: Dragging Autorifle (for example) with no Gun Combat (Slug Rifle) but Gun Combat correctly finds the 'base skill', if no 'base skill' exists and JoaT does, it uses that.
    Fixed: CT (applied updates from Moon Wizard - where my code overrode updates to CT causing some issues)***
    Fixed: Worlds Data - Law Level is now correctly set*/**
    Fixed: When making Skill rolls, if an NPC is the 'active' player in the Combat Tracker, that NPC's name is shown in the Chat Window making that roll, incorrect.

*If you already have worlds entered, edit the UWP but change the Law Level (final digit before the -) to something different, then reset to the original level.
    ** Also note that Tripwire (Adventure) had this issue, so I've updated the data - there's an update to this module.

Combat Tracker***

I've completely re-written the CT now that I understand it a lot more after reviewing Moon Wizards changes (also I've used it in my games as well!). It's now something like 50% smaller codebase wise, and only overrides a handful of CoreRPG's files, those that it needs to do.

On top of that, the following has been done:

Updated: When making DAMAGE rolls, the desktop modifier and buttons will now modify the DAMAGE Roll.
    Updated: When making ATTACK rolls, the CHAT window will now show how close/bad/successful you were.
    Updated: When making DAMAGE rolls, if the ATTACK roll had a positive effect (ie you roll 9 or more), that DMG bonus is added to the DAMAGE roll.
    Stuff you won't notice: Refactored some other things, around Skill rolls and remove unneeded code/files.

PSI Talents
    Last update I spoke about the PSI Talents/Abilities - this version has the start of them, the first of two (possibly three) parts, the second part I'll work on very soon, see below.

Within the Library -> Module -> you'll find 'PSI Talents' data. You may also add a button to the desktop, though it's not a standard button. The Reference Manual version allows you to view the data by Talent, the Desktop button allows you to filter by Talent. Both link to the Psionic abilities.

You can drag a Talent OR an Ability to the PSI Tab on the Character sheet and that Talent is then added. The PSI modifier is added, and you can enter the Value to give you the Dice Modifier for any Ability within that Talent. You may drag/double click the 'Total' field, to get a result for using any ability within that Talent (for this version)

On the Actions Tab on the Character Sheet, the Wound Track frame is now called 'Character Status'. Any character with a PSI attribute > 0 will see the PSI Strength shown like the Str/End/Dex are.

And that's about it for 1.0.8.

So what's planned for the next update, the second part to the PSI stuff. I'd like feedback on how it's working in this version before confirming anything, but I think I know how I want it to work, please see the forum post on PSI for more info on my thoughts.

Right, I'll send this to FG, it'll be in test before live, so have a play in test if you can.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Within the Library -> Module -> you'll find 'PSI Talents' data.
    erm ... either I am doing something wrong or something, but I can't find this...
    FG_no_PSI.jpg

You haven't switched to test - the new version of the ruleset is in test, not live.

During my game last night, I noticed some problems with the Combat Tracker.

First one, we had a new player, when I added his character to the CT, it ended up like this (notice the stats are not linked, and it has that delete button showing up):

Also, when dropping damage onto the entry on the CT, I get the following error and damage is not applied:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:138: attempt to compare number with nil
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:138: attempt to compare number with nil

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post

First one, we had a new player, when I added his character to the CT, it ended up like this (notice the stats are not linked, and it has that delete button showing up):

Also, when dropping damage onto the entry on the CT, I get the following error and damage is not applied:
    Very strange, I did re-write the CT, but checked everything (or so I thought).

I'll get on this on Thursday evening for you. Thanks for posting it.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I tried an attack roll on the new CT ... and it seems to be missing to add the skill points. (see pic)
    AFAIK there should be the two dice + 3 points from skill ...
    MissingSkillpoints.jpg

ps: Damage works fine, inclusively the DM-Buttons down in the lower left corner.
    Last edited by LordNanoc; January 9th, 2019 at 21:01.

Attack skill should be "Gun Combat (Slug Rifle)".

Greetings All,

I've fixed this. When I re-wrote the CT based on the latest CoreRPG I did copy across 99% of the code required for Traveller and tested it. One thing I didn't do (and I thought I had, maybe before I replaced that part) was the linking of the newly dropped Characters. My bad there.

About to push to FG, I'll send them an email to put this into test.

Here's a breakdown of this update to 1.0.8.

Fixes to the CT dragging of new characters,
    Skill Roll messages have had the SUCCESS and FAILURE messages added to the end (though they still state the success/failure effect)
    The tasks difficulty modifier buttons (simple, easy, hard etc) do NOT apply to damage rolls.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; January 12th, 2019 at 14:13.

Hello All,

The latest version of 1.0.8 is in the TEST server.

So please test this version, tomorrow I'm starting on 1.0.9.

Cheers
    MBM

Attack skill should be "Gun Combat (Slug Rifle)".
    uhmmm ... the weapon has that skill. So...
    In the Actions, there is (of course) the weapon's name as an action, because every weapon is different, even if they use the same skill (i.e. Gun Combat (Slug Rifle) ). So the action seem ok (was till now).

Still not sure how this is different now.

Thread Information