5E Character Create Playlist

Traveller 1E (Mongoose) PSI Talents and Abilities - Need to list the Talents only

Greetings Folks,

I've been adding the PSI stuff into the Traveller 1E (Mongoose) ruleset.

Now I've got the data coming in, all works nicely, but what I want is to create a list of just the talents.

For example, Traveller has 5 PSI Talents, Telepathy, Awareness etc, and each of these has a list of Abilities, so Awareness has 'Body Armour', 'Regeneration' etc.

That's all super, the lists show, you can view the data for each.

Now what I need is the list of core talents, ie the list of 5.

Is there a way of doing this within the 'Data_Library', the aRecords?

Here's a screenshot showing everything. You can see the 'PSI Talents' is direct from the Ruleset, the 'PSI Abilities' is using the aRecords mentioned above, and the 'Awareness Talent' is a list of PSI Abilities in the Awareness Talent.

PSITalents.JPG

This is the last piece in the puzzle, it's the Talent that needs dragging to the Character Sheet (as this auto populates the Abilities).

Any help would be ace, thanks in advance
    Col
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Why not just have the PSI Abilities as the record type, with a “talent” field indicating which talent it’s associated with? That would be simpler, though not familiar enough with rules to know if it would cover what you need.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Why not just have the PSI Abilities as the record type, with a “talent” field indicating which talent it’s associated with? That would be simpler, though not familiar enough with rules to know if it would cover what you need.

Regards,
    JPG
    It does have a field that shows which Talent it connects to.

Code:
              <suspendedanimation>
                <link type="windowreference">
                  <class>reference_psionic</class>
                  <recordname>reference.psionicdata.suspendedanimation@Traveller Core Rulebook (1E)</recordname>
                </link>
                <name type="string">Suspended Animation</name>
                <talent type="string">Awareness</talent>
                <text type="formattedtext"><p><p>Personal body activity may be suspended for varying periods of time. A character with Awareness may enter a suspended animation state (similar to cold sleep but without the intrinsic danger of death) by willing himself into it. Such a state continues for 7 days without need for food or water and with minimal air needs. Such a person could effectively travel in a low passage berth without actually undergoing cold sleep and its dangers. <i>Suspended animation</i> may be stopped at any time previous to its duration expiring, provided external stimulus is given to awaken the sleeper (such as a friend or a mechanical alarm).</p></p></text>
                <attributes type="formattedtext"><i>Awareness, Psionic Strength, 1-6 minutes, Average (+0). Costs 3.</i></attributes>
                <noedit type="number">1</noedit>
              </suspendedanimation>
    If you want I can send you the XML direct if that helps. I used a similar system to how Equipment is exported.

Anyway working on the PSI drop of the Talents (from the Module) at the moment.

Cheers and hope 2019 is good to you fine sir!

MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thread Information