Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Licenses

Licenses

I just recently purchased the ultimate license. One of my friend's is now thinking of getting the standard license. Can I still play with demo friend's if one player has the standard license? It would be 1 Ultimate license, 1 Standard license, and 5 demo players.

Hi donortiz, welcome to FG.

If you are hosting the game then any license type can connect to you, whether demo, standard or ultimate.

Your friend, with the Standard Licence, will only be able to host other standard license or Ultimate license holders (or one demo user only - any other connection will remove the demo user).

The only benefit that a player might have from owning the standard license (in the case where the DM has the Ultimate license) is that they can purchase their own DLC such as Player's Handbook etc.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

If the player hosting the game is running Ultimate license - it does not matter what license the connecting players have.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

How many players can I host under a Standard License? I have one player with a Standard License and I thought I could add a Demo but I can't. I'm running a hybrid game. I have our main players (3) at the table. But I have one that has recently moved but still wants to play. He bought a Standard License. Now my table laptop (Demo) won't work. If I upgrade my demo license to standard, that would make 3 standard license games connected. Is this possible? I don't want to buy another Standard and then turn around and have to upgrade to Ultimate.

Blog Entries
    On Standard you can host one demo account. That's it. One demo account. As soon as a Standard account connects the Demo account will be disconnected.

If you have a Standard account and three other people all with Standard accounts connect, you'll be fine.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

A standard license can host any number of standard or ultimate licenses, or one demo license.

Thread Information