DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Updating Modules

Hey FG forum sages!

I'm creating a module for T1-T4. This campaign starts in 2 weeks and I'm not completely done (Only T1 is done). But I figured I'd be working on things as the campaign goes on.

I have a campaign I use for building the module then export it. I then have the game campaign set up where I open the module.

Is there a way that I can update the module similar to the way the client updates modules? If not then when I overwrite the module will this cause any problems with my ongoing campaign. Or will it just update things like the Official modules?

For instance if I change a story entry, map or encounter. Will I need to unload and reload the module?

Any insight will be helpful. I've been making this conversion here and there for years now, just finally got the right players ready to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardow View Post
    For instance if I change a story entry, map or encounter. Will I need to unload and reload the module?
    Yes; or use the "reset" menu command from the modules window.

Blog Entries
    When you re-export from your development campaign, as long as you keep the module and file name the same, FG will just start using the new version of the module in your play campaign. If you have made changes to the play campaign, those individually modified files (story entries, images, etc) will not be updated with this method and you will have to "Revert Changes" on either the individual items or on the entire module.

I have do this all the time (re-export) and have no issues once I got use to not modifying module items in the play campaign.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks guys. I think that is what I was looking for.

So can I just confirm, if I’m using a module in a campaign, that I have written, and I decide to make changes to the original, then export it again, do I have to do reload the module into the existing campaign, or will it automatically update? I would want to keep any map changes etc. in the live campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    So can I just confirm, if I’m using a module in a campaign, that I have written, and I decide to make changes to the original, then export it again, do I have to do reload the module into the existing campaign, or will it automatically update? I would want to keep any map changes etc. in the live campaign.
    Module records that haven’t been edited within the play campaign will reflect any new module data. But entries that have been edited within the play campaign won’t see the new module info unless you “revert” changes - either on the individual record or the whole module (via the right click menu). The book+quill icon will indicate which records have been changed in the play campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information