STAR TREK 2d20
Page 53 of 105 First ... 343515253545563103 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrique Oliveira Machado View Post
    Very nice.
    But please, can you add a way that i can open the character/monster sheet by double clicking the token?
    It's cool to show it on the combat tracker when you double click on it, but opening the character sheet is of great importance, and we do it all the time

Just hold shift and left click once on the token. That will open the char sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by scarymike23 View Post
    Just hold shift and left click once on the token. That will open the char sheet.
    thank you, gonna test it out.
    Thats a huge extension. Forgive me.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrique Oliveira Machado View Post
    Very nice.
    But please, can you add a way that i can open the character/monster sheet by double clicking the token?
    It's cool to show it on the combat tracker when you double click on it, but opening the character sheet is of great importance, and we do it all the time
    You can use SHIFT+LEFT CLICK to open a character sheet from the map. The double click function was removed for another function I believe.
    "Time is an illusion...lunch time doubly so."

ok. just one thought.
    I realized everytime a flying creature moves, it adds just 0.5 feet every square when it moves upwards or backwards in a straight line.

It actually doesn't reflect the actual speed of the creature, because it isn't a diagonal move.
    Like, if a creature is at 10feet of the target and flyes up 120 feet. the distance between them is calculated at 120.5 feet distance by the system (rounded up). which is not wrong.
    But the creature should fly 120ft diagonally away in a straight line to make the most of its speed, and be more realistical, when flying 60ftup (in the example of a [fly 60ft] creature)

I am not the best at math, so i created in very riddiculous image in paint to try and illustrate what i'm trying to say.

Anyone can help me solve this? I'm guessing for every 5ft i move away, i have to add 5ft of heightness?

Sem título.png

EDIT:
    NEVER MIND: I FIGURED IT OUT IN EXCEL. lol

Capturar.JPG
    Last edited by Henrique Oliveira Machado; May 7th, 2019 at 21:12.

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and donations, both are very appreciated.
    Also a special thanks to all of you great member of the community that have been helping in answering and helping out with the questions that come up on this thread.

While I am strapped for time at the moment with work and other ongoing projects, I am taking note of all unresolved issues that aren't related to "user error/misunderstanding" that I can recreate and are not to fringe cases. Everything such gets logged into the projects TODO or wish list log.

It is important to make sure that when you do report something to try to make sure that it is an actual issue, not a simple mistake. So it's appreciated if you do some testing and reading up by yourself first. As each time I look into an issue it will easily take 20-30 minutes of getting things started and dedicated testing or more, to trace and test under various circumstances before I can actually determine if it's an error and then start to work on it.
    Also that when you do report something do try to be as precise as possible of when and how it happens, under what circumstances, within what module, map, with an attached error log if possible. To make it possible for me to recreate and trace the actual issue as quickly and effectively as possible.
    These two extensions working together are very complex and includes thousands of line of code, so you can imagine that there are a lot of moving parts to it. So anything you can do to help me pinpoint what's actually going on is helpful.

In response to a few queries from before:

1) I don't expect I'll be changing the blood splatter graphics anytime soon. But if you want you can change out the extension blood splatter graphics to something a bit less obtrusive. I know what you mean though, while most players really enjoy it, I've had players complain they can't see their tokens image when they take a lot of damage.
    If you do some Photoshop magic yourself to tone down the graphics and are willing to share the results, I could set up a menu option to switch between the two sets in-game.

2) Flanking and ranged attacks don't currently work against targets that are set as "unidentified', this is as the code looks for the details by looking up database entries by name. I've added this to the bug list and I'll see if I can find a solution to this during the next iteration.

3) @eporrini I've not had any issues with longbows or other weapons or ranged attack spells since pushing out the latest versions of the extensions. Like Trenloe said, if the problem persists, please try to return a more detailed error log.

4) @gmshile Make sure you have a set grid and you're on the top layer when dragging the tokens onto it. Usually when I've had this happen it's due to being on the wrong layer or there's an issue with the grid. That said the extension isn't perfect nor would it be unless I worked on it full time, and even then lol.

5) @Henrique There is no automation inbuilt for changing altitude, as there is no way of knowing the flight trajectory you as a GM or the players decide to take each time, so no way to include any calculations for that. So you'll need to update the altitude manually for changes on the vertical plane.

6) @nev218 Don't know exactly what's going on at your end. But scripts/manager_token.lua line 1009 has to do with setting condition tokens. Try clearing all conditions of that actor in the combat tracker, removing and re-adding them to the CT and map.

7) @Dax Doomslayer Sounds like your player is trying to make a ranged attack on something and for some reason there is an issue with either not returning the targets height value or that it is trying to use height when there is none. I'd need a lot more specifics of what is being done, with what entry, to be able to do something with this.
    Is it manual or is it from the Players Handbook? What action is being performed with what item? What is the target, how it is set up, does it have an altitude? Is it in the CT and on the map, or one of the two only? Is the attack done onto the target on the map or CT? Does it get cleared up if you re-add the offending item onto the sheet and re-add the target onto the CT then onto the map? Does this happen only under specific circumstances or is it happening across the board for all their weapons? Against only one particular opponent on a particular map with a particular altitude setting? Or is it against all opponents at all altitude settings.

Without knowing the specifics. Try removing and re-adding whatever is causing the issue onto the sheet and removing and re-adding whatever is proccing the error on attack.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; May 8th, 2019 at 19:38.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post

5) @Henrique There is no automation inbuilt for changing altitude, as there is no way of knowing the flight trajectory you as a GM or the players decide to take each time, so no way to include any calculations for that. So you'll need to update the altitude manually for changes on the vertical plane.
    Thank you for your time.
    No problem. i wasn't saying there's a bug, i was asking for help to see if my logic was right. There's no way a programmer could guess what direction i am flying. It's simply as gaining altitude for the same longitude the token flew.
    I actually only noticed the actual trajectory a flying creature should take because your program calculated distance correctly.

That's the best extention i got so far. Congratulations!

Is there any way to change the measurement of a Square pointer? For some reason this extension changes the measurement to the radius instead of all the way across.

If anybody could help me I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm getting a script error message everytime a character kills an npc. It comes up (a as Script Error (string*scripts/manager_token2lua"] 1018 attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)
    I have both the 5e Combat Enhancer.ext and Core RPG-Token Helper.ext in my extensions and the Combat Enhancer in my host tokens.. . What am I doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtrancer View Post
    If anybody could help me I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm getting a script error message everytime a character kills an npc. It comes up (a as Script Error (string*scripts/manager_token2lua"] 1018 attempt to index local 'tokenMap' (a nil value)
    I have both the 5e Combat Enhancer.ext and Core RPG-Token Helper.ext in my extensions and the Combat Enhancer in my host tokens.. . What am I doing wrong? Any help would be much appreciated
    First thing I will say it to make sure you have the latest version of both extensions. They do not update automatically when you update FG so you have to keep on top of it yourself whenever Stymir updates. Second thing is to see if you can reproduce this in a new campaign with no other extensions. Then please follow Stymir's request as outlined below so you can provide what he needs to troubleshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    It is important to make sure that when you do report something to try to make sure that it is an actual issue, not a simple mistake. So it's appreciated if you do some testing and reading up by yourself first. As each time I look into an issue it will easily take 20-30 minutes of getting things started and dedicated testing or more, to trace and test under various circumstances before I can actually determine if it's an error and then start to work on it.

Also that when you do report something do try to be as precise as possible of when and how it happens, under what circumstances, within what module, map, with an attached error log if possible. To make it possible for me to recreate and trace the actual issue as quickly and effectively as possible.

These two extensions working together are very complex and includes thousands of line of code, so you can imagine that there are a lot of moving parts to it. So anything you can do to help me pinpoint what's actually going on is helpful.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm having trouble with the skip CT actors that haven't rolled INT. I like to set up my map with the npc's down then roll them in as needed. I don't want to reveal them all. Now I have to advance through them. My settings now are Skip hidden actors (off) and skip ct actors that have'nt rolled INT (off) any other combo of settings only gets to my PC's turn.

Thread Information