Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 105 First 123451353103 ... Last
    That one would have to be a toggle, however, as most GM's don't tell people the number of hps an enemy has, as that spoils the immersion and story telling a bit.

I find it great when the barbarian charges in, does massive damage and you describe it scoring a cut across its chest that is bleeding, and they see the color of the dot, or the size of the bar, only slightly changes. Pretty funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JLBatman View Post
    That one would have to be a toggle, however, as most GM's don't tell people the number of hps an enemy has, as that spoils the immersion and story telling a bit.

I find it great when the barbarian charges in, does massive damage and you describe it scoring a cut across its chest that is bleeding, and they see the color of the dot, or the size of the bar, only slightly changes. Pretty funny stuff.
    Yeah, the mod I had originally used for that still obeyed the global setting for whether to show numbers or categories, so players could see their own HP but not enemy HP, while I could see everything. Wouldn't want to lose those moments, after all.

Thank you for taking on this work, and thanks to Ken for the fantastic foundation. I understand his concerns and his reasons for leaving even if I'm disappointed.

Could you please share this source online? I am looking for a new project to work on in my spare time and may make contributions.

If you're like me and find the green and blue underlays too obnoxious here is how you change the opacity to about 10%. Search for the word "addUnderlay" in the following files:

scripts\manager_token.lua (two spots in hilightHover)
    scripts\manager_maptoken.lua (one in prepMapToken, one in initMapTokens, one in initSingleToken, two in onCTMenuSelection)
    scripts\snap_token.lua (one in customTurnStart)
    ct\scripts\ct_token.lua (two in onHover)
    ct\scripts\ct_entry.lua (one in activeHighlight)

In each location you will see a color code (e.g. AA00FF00) just replace the "AA" with a "1A" (e.g. 1A00FF00).

What would be cool is if those color codes could be pulled out to variables that are changed in one location rather than having to dig through five files.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDecay View Post
    If you're like me and find the green and blue underlays too obnoxious here is how you change the opacity to about 10%. Search for the word "addUnderlay" in the following files:

scripts\manager_maptoken.lua (one in prepMapToken, one in initMapTokens, one in initSingleToken, two in onCTMenuSelection)

In each location you will see a color code (e.g. AA00FF00) just replace the "AA" with a "1A" (e.g. 1A00FF00).

What would be cool is if those color codes could be pulled out to variables that are changed in one location rather than having to dig through five files.
    Thanks for this tip. I agree, the colors are too opaque, making them annoying.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

@RedmondStache
    Could you link me up with that extension and the link for its page. I can look and see if it's an easy fix.

@AlphaDecay
    I'll have a look and try it out. I do find them a bit on the brighter side as well, so might well roll that into the next update, toning them down a little. Thanks for pointing that out and noting the locations to fix it.

@malnourish
    I might set it up on GitHub in the new year. Then you could branch and submit changes.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; December 30th, 2018 at 05:06.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    Thanks for this tip. I agree, the colors are too opaque, making them annoying.
    How do we do this with the one file?

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    @RedmondStache
    Could you link me up with that extension and the link for its page. I can look and see if it's an easy fix.
    It's this one right here.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDecay View Post

I've made the modification to the module, but with 20% opacity rather than 10%. After trying it out 40/30/20/10% opacity. Overall I found the best looking option was at 20% in my opinion. Quite a bit fainter than the original color, but still easily discernible. See image below for screenshot after the changes.

2018-12-30.png

The changes will be included in v1.2.1.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; December 30th, 2018 at 04:12.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RedmondStache View Post
    It's this one right here.
    I added it and tested it with PC sheets and the combat tracker. Everything is working as far as I can tell. Editing any of the values on either the character sheet or the combat tracker would make the correct calculations and update both. Attacks and damage resolved normally and updated both the combat tracker and character sheet details.

2018-12-30 (1).png

The problem must lie with another extension, also make sure you have the most recent version of the "Current HP Extension for 5E Ruleset" extension.

Thread Information