5E Character Create Playlist
Page 12 of 105 First ... 210111213142262 ... Last
    Yep I've done all that. Still can't get the blood splatters. Went back to the demo version, and loaded up the test campaign. Only the extension and still this.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    Yep I've done all that. Still can't get the blood splatters. Went back to the demo version, and loaded up the test campaign. Only the extension and still this.
    I can't remember since I only ever read the posts; I never used the extension but doesn't the folder whatever it's called need to be placed inside the tokens/shared folder. In other words not just the tokens but the whole folder?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It does feel odd. I have disabled all extensions and only loaded CE. copied the items folder into the Tokens/Host folder. Created a new campaign and just loaded one map, imported some characters and still get the same blood splatter.
    Please provide a screenshot of windows explorer showing the location and files for the blood spatters.

Also, please post a screenshot of the chat window just after loading - showing all of the ruleset and extension details.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Additionally, when you are testing, open the console (used the /console command in the chat window) and capture the text output. There should be some text that says "blood proto is : <abc> scale is <xxx>" - where <abc> is the token prototype and <xxx> is a numerical scale. Do you see this appearing when the creature moves to dying or dead?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Last edited by spoonhead; January 14th, 2019 at 18:57.

That doesn't look like the data folder. Fantasy grounds has the application install folder, and a separate particular one that holds data. You can find where the data folder is by looking into Settings before joining or loading a game.
    Also access rights come to mind, maybe moving the data folder out of your roaming folders to a directory like C:\FG Data\tokens\host\items might work if that's the issue in your case.

Here are the directions that I included with the folder again:

Copy and paste this folder into the tokens\host folder. That will display bloodsplatters on npc/pc death and the display of the Shift+Left-Click map focus graphics.

Your path should look something like this if you installed your data folder with the default name:
    [Some drive, C: for example]\[any sub directory path if any]\Fantasy Grounds Data\tokens\host\items

You can also find this path by opening up your game. Clicking on Tokens -> GM.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; January 14th, 2019 at 19:09.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Styrmir View Post
    That doesn't look like the data folder.
    It is; that's the default folder location for FG data unless you choose something different when installed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Davinci522 View Post
    If I remember there was another extension that used that token to denote dead npcs, not sure which one. But that could be overwriting the EC tokens. I would suggest turning off any other extensions besides EC and seeing if it still happens.
    OK, so I've loaded this up and tested it myself.

As Styrmir mentioned: "On death, the dead token is moved to the middle layer the bloddy skull graphics that is inside the extension package itself is placed on top of it. A blood splatter, is randomly scaled and picked (one of those in that folder) and placed on the bottom layer underneath the token."

The red skull icon you see is the "bloddy skull graphic" which is in the extension. The blood spatter is under both the original token and the bloody skull graphic - but is more than likely not visible as it is hidden beneath. Go to the bottom layer to see if the spatter is showing there.

For example, Hobgoblin #1 has just been reduced to 0 HP. Viewing from the top layer we see:

Then, viewing the bottom layer, we see the spatter graphic:

I assume that it was originally designed this way so that once the dead token is removed you can see the remaining blood spatter left on the floor. But you don't see it until the body (higher layer creature token) is removed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 14th, 2019 at 19:37.

Ha! Would you believe it. It was a small blood splatter. But then every random one is always smaller than the token so it never gets seen. So it must have something to do with scale?

Screenshot 2019-01-14 at 22.50.49.png

Cheers as always.

Thread Information