5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Creating extension to change the way health bars look.

Hi,

I am wanting to write an extension that changes the appearance of health bars, to make them more readable and cleared to discern without having to zoom in to far.

I'm contemplating two options.

1) Possibly the easier of the two. Making the health bars a little bit wider and to be of equal height as the token at start. Ideally with some sort of border around it so the total original height of it is easy to see. And push it a little to the side so it's not actually on top of the token.

2) Make the health bar appear on top of the tokens (possibly taking up the whole grid width).
    So they'll appear and behave similarly to the following screenshot:
    Health bar.jpg

Would this be something that is possible, and does anyone know where I should start?

- Styrmir.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; December 24th, 2018 at 06:45.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

I have this figured out and working, horizontal health bars that are token width at full health. Will roll it out with update v1.2.0 of the 5e Combat Enchancer.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...bat-extension)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; December 26th, 2018 at 23:17.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

[duplicate post feel free to delete]

Blog Entries
    Just to be clear - there are only 2 pointers available - arrowhead and hand. You cannot create new ones.
    Good work on health bars!
    Have you considered perhaps keeping the bars full width and having a Black background where the lost health is/was?

Thanks!

I think to add a background where the previous health bar was I'd need to add another bitmap widget that extends to where the original health bar diminished in size. So not an actual background but a bit of clever coding to make it appear as if there was one.
    Might be something I'd try out as part of a minor patch, but before I do I'm wanting to do a bit of gm'ing to see how I like it in its current form.

As for overlaying of the health bars over tokens that are placed vertically next to others. That's something I've come to be used to from roll20 I suppose. I added a bit of opacity/transparency to the health bars to make it blend more when that happens.

Hey sorry to bother you all. I am fairly new to FGU and have been running two games in pathfinder 1E.
    Recently I have been looking into alternatives to the default HP bar. Though I know your HP bar project was strictly 5E. Would it be possible to make a standalone one for other systems.
    and again sorry for taking up your time and hope you have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimil508 View Post
    Hey sorry to bother you all. I am fairly new to FGU and have been running two games in pathfinder 1E.
    Recently I have been looking into alternatives to the default HP bar. Though I know your HP bar project was strictly 5E. Would it be possible to make a standalone one for other systems.
    and again sorry for taking up your time and hope you have a good day.
    I want this too!

+1

Thread Information