Starfinder Playlist
Page 70 of 76 First ... 20606869707172 ... Last
    UDP port did the trick. Once I created and forwarded it, it connected right away. Thanks for the help!!

1. Your LAN IP Address
    2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds and as displayed by your Router
    109.252.76.119 (taken both from FG)
    3. Whether you are using Wired or Wireless (and not both)
    Wired
    4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Centre to Private
    Yes
    5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions
    Eset Nod 32, set fg.exe as exception.
    6. Post the results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once its been responded to)
    1 <1 мс <1 мс <1 мс 192.168.1.254
    2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 100.86.0.1
    3 3 ms 7 ms 3 ms mpts-a197-51.msk.mts-internet.net [212.188.1.106]
    4 4 ms 2 ms 5 ms a197-cr04-be12.51.msk.mts-internet.net [212.188.1.105]
    5 3 ms 5 ms 5 ms mag9-cr01-be10.77.msk.mts-internet.net [195.34.50.74]
    6 4 ms 3 ms 4 ms 72.14.223.72
    7 6 ms 6 ms 5 ms 108.170.250.146
    8 * * 23 ms 216.239.50.2
    9 19 ms 17 ms 21 ms 108.170.232.251
    10 18 ms 18 ms 19 ms 172.253.51.189
    11 * * * Timed out for the request.
    12 * * * Timed out for the request.
    13 * * * Timed out for the request.
    14 * * * Timed out for the request.
    15 * * * Timed out for the request.
    16 * * * Timed out for the request.
    17 * * * Timed out for the request.
    18 * * * Timed out for the request.
    19 * * * Timed out for the request.
    20 * * * Timed out for the request.
    21 * * * Timed out for the request.
    22 18 ms 18 ms 20 ms dns.google [8.8.8.8]
    7. Confirmation as to what you have setup in your Router if changes have been made
    port mapping " Fantasy grounds - incoming port 1802~1802 - both protocols - local ports 1802~1802 - local ip 192.168.1.68"
    8. Confirmation you do or do not have any Virtualisation NICs
    I do not

Getting a failure to connect when running a test if FG and players cant connect. Would appreciate any help. Used to work before, but suddenly stopped and i dont know why.

Blog Entries
    Hi Larus,

Your ISP is doing CGNat. You will need to talk to them and ask them if they can change you to a single IP so you can do port forwarding.
    Suggest you contact them and say "I have a new home security system and it needs an IPv4 port forward to manage. Can you help me set this up?"

Otherwise look at the Port Forwarding Alternatives thread or consider Fantasy Grounds Unity which has an option to do a cloud brokered connection which bypasses the need for NAT.

So - my issue is definitely related to what interface Fantasy Grounds is binding to.
    Is there any way to implement a feature to manually select which interface to bind to?
    Windows used to give you the ability to change binding order in advanced options.
    Some articles indicate that changing the metric does this, but it didn't seem to help. I think it only affects routing priorities.

Right now the only solution for me seems to be disabling the other interfaces.

Blog Entries
    welcome charliehk

generally applications bind to ALL interfaces unless you configure them not to
    if you do a netstat -b -a you will generally see FantasyGrounds.exe bound to 127.0.01 and your LAN adapter address too

however it seems that some virtualisation adapters mess with this and disabling those while playing seems to be the simplest workaround

Blog Entries
    In your Registry you can change the order of your network adapters. If you place the one you want FGC using to be #1 you should not have problems. (I used to have to do this for FlexLM licensing.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    welcome charliehk

generally applications bind to ALL interfaces unless you configure them not to
    if you do a netstat -b -a you will generally see FantasyGrounds.exe bound to 127.0.01 and your LAN adapter address too

however it seems that some virtualisation adapters mess with this and disabling those while playing seems to be the simplest workaround
    Thanks for the reply.

Yeah - just to clarify, I'm not talking about binding to a port. When I do a local game - it does bind to 0.0.0.0.
    I had a weird situation, where when I create a cloud game - it shows that I register, but when people try to connect, they get stuck on attempting resolved connection to server.
    So when I "Create" game - it always shows my virtual adapters as the internal RFC1918 addresses.
    I know I'm not a typical use case, as I run multiple NICs and VLANs. Disabling all the virtual NICs worked. but a bit of a pain to have to disable and reenable like 8 things.

I'm not sure what the dataflow is - but when I look at wireshark, I can see a bunch of UDP STUN traffic - and that's on the proper internet facing interface.
    Just figured the solution of being able to choose a specific interface to use - would solve all the use cases that fall under this regardless of the number of virtual nics.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    In your Registry you can change the order of your network adapters. If you place the one you want FGC using to be #1 you should not have problems. (I used to have to do this for FlexLM licensing.)
    Thanks. If you have an article you can share, I'd appreciate it.
    This is the only thing that I've found.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...terface-metric.
    Windows used to have the ability to set priority via Network Advanced settings, but I guess they removed that

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehk View Post
    Thanks. If you have an article you can share, I'd appreciate it.
    This is the only thing that I've found.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...terface-metric.
    Windows used to have the ability to set priority via Network Advanced settings, but I guess they removed that
    My search turned that one up too. Not very friendly is it?

Try this;
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-c...ers-windows-10

Also if you let me know version of Windows/Mac/Linux I can search to find an appropriate answer.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    My search turned that one up too. Not very friendly is it?

Try this;
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-c...ers-windows-10

Also if you let me know version of Windows/Mac/Linux I can search to find an appropriate answer.
    Thanks for the effort. I've looked at all those articles. I'm fairly certain the the metric is just for routing vs what we're looking for. I also realized this is the classic forum so I'll look in unity.

I'm windows 10 2004

Thread Information