Starfinder Playlist
Page 6 of 76 First ... 456781656 ... Last

nope didn't work. I have tried restarted my cpu too.

Blog Entries
    If you are available in the next hour or so and you would like me to have a look at your setup with you please send me your email address via PM.

Thank you damned and all FG people for being patient with me. Damned help me got it to work. So here what happen, my dumb *** thought I exempt FG form my AVs. Turns out I have 2 and keep exempting FG wrong. Like I said Damned did most of the work. Thank you Damned.

Thank you for that comprehensive posting. Had a working solution for years which suddely stopped working (which I found out at session time a couple Saturday's ago). After eliminating my router and modem (which was a bear), I went looking for other answers and found your post. Seems my Vipre AV/Firewall software suddenly requires a rule for FG to work. Now I can actually spend time planning my next session.. Cheers!

I believe i have gone through all the steps and it is still returning a failure.

1. 192.168.0.23
    2. 60.224.5.94
    3. Wire Connection to Router
    4. Network is set to private
    5.Windows Defender and Malwarebytes
    Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 10 ms 12 ms 11 ms 58.160.248.1
    4 13 ms 11 ms 11 ms bundle-ether4.win-edge901.melbourne.telstra.net [203.50.76.10]
    5 11 ms 12 ms 11 ms bundle-ether11.win-core10.melbourne.telstra.net [203.50.11.107]
    6 26 ms 24 ms 24 ms bundle-ether12.ken-core10.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.11.122]
    7 21 ms 21 ms 21 ms bundle-ether1.ken-edge903.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.11.173]
    8 22 ms 21 ms 20 ms 72.14.212.22
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 26 ms 24 ms 21 ms google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
    Trace complete.

7. Firewallsettings.png
    Portfowarding.png

Welcome to the FG forums.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlourish View Post
    5.Windows Defender and Malwarebytes
    Fully disable Malwarebytes when you're doing a connection test. There has been issues with this in the past.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Switched off all the processes it does and then switched it off, there is still a connection failure

Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlourish View Post
    Switched off all the processes it does and then switched it off, there is still a connection failure
    OK, that was the quick thing we could check.

Another thing to do is delete all of the entries in the firewall settings and recreate them - we've seen this fix the issue in the past.

Assuming you're on Telstra (and probably in Victoria), the issue might be that second hop on your tracert - we don't know if it's a private or public IP address, which would help us to determine if your public IP address is being shared with others (getting quite common now) which is an issue with port forwarding. Some of the Aussies on the forum may have a better idea if that's common for your area or not.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Anyway someone could walk me through these steps? I have set my port forward to 1802 and still have the failure to connect. I'm not 100% sure how to do the rest

Thread Information