FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 46 of 76 First ... 36444546474856 ... Last
    Ok, router and modem power cycled, secondary laptop already had FGC installed with a Players license. So, I tried to connect to my primary computer at IP address 192.168.1.101 from there.

"Unable to connect, check your network", etc...with the stop sign symbol.

I was able to ping 192.168.1.101 from that laptop, not surprising since they are on the same network.

Blog Entries
    Close FG on the GM computer
    Delete all fantasygrounds.exe rules from windows firewall
    Launch FG and host a campaign
    When Windows Firewall asks for permissions allow it on all options.

If that still doesnt work create a new Inbound Rule in Advanced in Windows Firewall
    Allow Port
    TCP 1802
    From ALL
    on ALL networks

Ok, getting closer I think...did all of that, and tried the test on the GM computer. Failed.
    Started the session anyway, and tried to connect to the running campaign on the secondary installation...and it connected!
    So, I started a hotspot from my cell phone, and connected the secondary installation to that network...and it failed. Switched that connection back to my home network, and it succeeded again.

So, getting closer?

Blog Entries
    Ok so post a screenshot of the new firewall rules
    Now your computer is at least accepting some connections
    Next its likely that the routers have a misconfig

1. Make sure the cable modem is port forwarding to 192.168.0.something
    2. Make sure the linksys is port forwarding to the 192.168.1.101 address
    3. Make sure there is no TCP flood protection on either cable or linksys device
    4. If there is a general firewall setting please try it set off, if that works increase it by one level at a time and retest

I've attached screenshots for 1 and 2.

I can find nothing in either the router or cable modem concerning Flood Protection, or "Enable DoS Protection"

Number 4, I'm not sure what you mean by General Firewall Setting...do you mean disable the firewall and try the test?
    Attached Images Attached Images

There's a couple of tabs associated with the "Status" found on the Troubleshooting option (that's the only place I've found "status" mentioned). Is this what you're looking for?

Hopefully a PDF is ok.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Hi. That looks fine.
    I have to prep for a game and then run it.
    If you would like me to connect remotely and have a look at your setup send me a PM with your email address and your timezone and we will try and get together and go thru the setup.

No problem. I'll drop you a PM tomorrow sometime. Thanks again for all your help!

1. Your LAN IP Address 10.0.0224
    2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds and as displayed by your Router
    The main problem is FG has an error on external. As shown in the screenshot here. fg1.png
    3. Whether you are using Wired or Wireless (and not both) Wireless
    4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Centre to Private It has been done
    5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions Normal Windows AV and set the exceptions
    6. Post the results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once it's been responded to)
    FG2.jpg

7. Confirmation as to what you have set up in your Router if changes have been made. The only changes are me resetting it to make it work. If that is one.

Details to mention since I don’t know which question they go to:
    I am using the Xfinity net, and have done the steps in the forum post within the last 30 days. I have the classic program on steam if that’s useful to know. I am the DM.
    So, people were able to connect to the site on failure and they had no problems. However, today a player from the UK could not connect or load up images meanwhile my two American players were fine. The Uk player was able to join us after I reset the router and play a bit until the map was not loading for him. I ask him to leave and try again, then he went back to the problem of not able to join.
    It also showed the error in the extral IP once more after I close the game to see if it appear again. Zac has informed me in the college that console log on his show a bunch of errors and every file that it's attempting to download is getting a timeout.

I had my player check for flood protections and I have a check for any VNPS. Neither are in the computers.

I had this problem last week.

Thread Information