5E Character Create Playlist
Page 36 of 76 First ... 26343536373846 ... Last
    Hi damned,

Thanks for the fast reply, I'll look into the Port Forwarding Alternatives... I use Nord VPN (I turn it of to run FG), does it work for this purpose, or must it be PureVPN?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    I use Nord VPN (I turn it of to run FG), does it work for this purpose, or must it be PureVPN?
    The last time I checked, NordVPN would not provide port forwarding. PureVPN, with the dedicated IP address add on, is known to work for running FG games.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The last time I checked, NordVPN would not provide port forwarding. PureVPN, with the dedicated IP address add on, is known to work for running FG games.
    Seems I've got myself in a pickle... I've got NordVPN payed in advance up to 2022 and don't wanna spend on two VPNs, my group is 5 players + GM so no Free Hamachi either.

I have a Lifetime Ultimate Licence and a bunch of stuff on Classic, will the stuff (modules, extensions, etc) work in Unity? Must I a licence at full price? Can I know before gettin it that'll solve my conectivity problem?

Best regards,

Blog Entries
    The solutions listed in that thread are known to work and have some instruction.
    The VPN option is nice because only the GM needs to do something.

my group is 5 players + GM so no Free Hamachi either.
    The GM can run two hamachi networks - connect 3 players to one and two players in the other. This is mentioned in the Hamachi thread - linked in the Port Forwarding Options Thread.

I have a Lifetime Ultimate Licence and a bunch of stuff on Classic, will the stuff (modules, extensions, etc) work in Unity? Must I a licence at full price? Can I know before gettin it that'll solve my conectivity problem?
    Yes, your DLC, modules etc. will work in FGU. There may be some community content that needs updating. You'll need to get a new license for FGU.

FGU uses a lobby/proxy connection server to get around port forwarding issues. If your only issue is not being able to port forward, then FGU should get round it.

SmiteWorks have a no questions asked 30 day refund policy. So you can give FGU a go to see if it works or not.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 26th, 2020 at 10:08.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    30 day refund policy

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for all your responses, very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The GM can run two hamachi networks - connect 3 players to one and two players in the other. This is mentioned in the Hamachi thread - linked in the Port Forwarding Options Thread.

Yes, your DLC, modules etc. will work in FGU. There may be some community content that needs updating. You'll need to get a new license for FGU.

FGU uses a lobby/proxy connection server to get around port forwarding issues. If your only issue is not being able to port forward, then FGU should get round it.

SmiteWorks have a no questions asked 30 refund policy. So you can give FGU a go to see if it works or not.
    I have everything set up using 2 Hamachi networks, and have tried it with one player logged in each one, rest of the crew can't get here for a couple hours, but all looks good and it seems it'll do the trick, thanks again!

I tried making work what's been suggested at portforward.com, but it wouldn't work. (Had to abort trying to apply a static ip address since it didn't work either ). I'd appreciate any help in making this work.

1. 192.168.2.106
    2. 87.155.149.129
    3. Wired
    4. Set to private
    5. Windows defender with all fg exceptions in order.

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms Speedport.ip [192.168.2.1]
    2 5 ms 5 ms 4 ms 62.155.247.15
    3 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms m-ef1-i.M.DE.NET.DTAG.DE [217.5.69.22]
    4 9 ms 7 ms 7 ms 72.14.195.222
    5 7 ms 8 ms 8 ms 216.239.47.185
    6 8 ms 7 ms 8 ms 209.85.252.209
    7 8 ms 7 ms 8 ms dns.google [8.8.8.8]

7. Used portforward.com settings for fantasy ground (steam), but to no avail.

Blog Entries
    Hi mutantVenemy

For Q2 - what does the Router say is its WAN IP?
    Is it using DSLite?

Can you post screen shot of WAN Status and Port Forward settings?

Thread Information