FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 35 of 76 First ... 25333435363745 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Hey gabriel0307

your WAN IP address is also CGNat by your ISP. As you are in Brazil i think the only way to fix that is to pay your ISP.

NetRange: 100.64.0.0 - 100.127.255.255
    CIDR: 100.64.0.0/10
    NetName: SHARED-ADDRESS-SPACE-RFCTBD-IANA-RESERVED
    NetHandle: NET-100-64-0-0-1
    Parent: NET100 (NET-100-0-0-0-0)
    NetType: IANA Special Use

You should look at the Port Forwarding Alternatives - give Hamachi a go.

I ended up getting Unity and that has solved the problem. However, it's pretty slow. Is that normal?

I have to ask the question why is ther 35 pages of connection issue posts? I just tried to fire up the software and host a game for the first time and I have spent the better part of the day trying to become an expert in IT rather then enjoy a game with my friends on Fantasy Grounds. I know I know, just ask for help, I have to ask why? Why should I spen over 300 dollars on software to come to find out that I have to spend hours trying to trouble shoot connectivity issues? Where in all of the Fantasy Ground advertisment does it say, hey this is great software package, unless you are not an IT expert, then be ready to sink hours into resolving IT connectivity issues that you have no idea how to handle instead of having fun playing D&D! Sorry but you lost me on this one. I requested a refund and even if I don't get it back I really don't care at this point I am so frustrated and saddened. It is such cool software mechanicall, but this connectivity stuff is completely unprofessional from a software design firm. I will likely go to Roll20 after hearing that my friends logged into Roll20 last night while I sat on FG trying to just pass the connectivity test and were up and running with no connectivity issues. I finally did get the software to pass the connectivity test and turn green and and I thought I was ready to show my group the wonders of FG, as it is truly cool software, but then to my surprise, after so much hype, we spent the last 4 hours wth trying to connect and failing miserabley cause they cannot download files (even though I have no modules loaded to the campaign)?!!! I hope you get it right, I truly do, but until then I will be taking my business elsewhere. And I hope you do the right thing and refund my hard earned money. We are all not IT experts and you should not expect your customers to have to do soo much trouble shooting and your work for you. Sorry FG but Epic Fail...Epic Fail..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverSherpa View Post
    I have to ask the question why is ther 35 pages of connection issue posts? .... Sorry FG but Epic Fail...Epic Fail..
    Sorry you had challenges. You are in a very tiny, but growing minority. Don't worry, you'll get your refund. Never heard of anyone having problems with a refund request. SmiteWorks excels at customer service.

The reason you have had these challenges is that the internet has changed since 2004 when the current FGC architecture was created. The solution is an entirely new networking engine, which you will find in FGU. Which is currently in an open beta.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

LordEntrails,

If FGU fixes these issues and the software operates as promised in regards to connectivity, I am all for going that route. As I said, I love the software mechanics and functionality, its just these connectivity issues are completely unacceptable from an average customer's perspective (one that is not IT/network savvy). The fact that all these people accept these connectivity issues and are willing to go well beyond what should be asked of them to make this software work is quite surprising and likely would not fare well in any other market space. Can you imagine if your average consumer was expected to solve these kinds of IT/network problems on a game or device they purchased? They would be storming the castle with pitchforks and demanding that heads roll! I get it, its old software, but there should be clear warning on the website (outside of digging into teh forums to see these issues exist) about the skill sets that may be needed to navigate these issues. Anyways just finishing my venting for 8 hours of frustration. I do appreciate the quick response. Do you have a link to where it specifically states that the FGU system will solve these connectivity issues. I am just hesitant to spend another $90 without some reassurance and guarantees that these issues are indeed resolved with FGU.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverSherpa View Post
    LordEntrails,

If FGU fixes these issues and the software operates as promised in regards to connectivity, I am all for going that route. ...
    From the Kickstarter;
    Screen Shot 03-24-20 at 07.39 PM.PNG

NOTE, FGU is still in Beta, and given the thousands (?) (we only know that their are 10k new forum accounts this week, and forum accounts are required for FGU) of new users this week alone, the Networking lobby is having issues. So, though the intention is to resolve this with FGU, it is not yet resolved. (Note their were 2 updates today for FGU, both aimed at working this issue.)

As I think you know, if you buy through the FG Store (this website), you have a 30 day money back guarantee. I'm confident they will have the network lobby issues fixed well before then, but if they don't you can get your refund before then.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Just don't forget that the few that have a serious issue post here and it takes several posts to resolve. So it accumulates to a lot of pages. I am having an issue on my daughter's computer now, was working and quit in the middle of a session. I think the virus software but now I need to go there.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Children, we never stop taking care of our children do we? That is until they start wiping the drool from our chins!

After doing all this, still could use your help.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post

1. Your LAN IP Address
    2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds and as displayed by your Router
    3. Whether you are using Wired or Wireless (and not both)
    4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Centre to Private
    5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions
    6. Post the results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once its been responded to)
    7. Confirmation as to what you have setup in your Router if changes have been made

CONTINUED IN FOLLOWING POST

1. Your LAN IP Address

2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds and as displayed by your Router
    187.190 (FG and whatsmyip.org), 10.52 on my Router’s WAN Infromation

Wired

4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Centre to Private
    Confirmed

5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions
    Windows Defender, all connections allowed for FG

6. Post the results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once its been responded to)
    1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.100.1
    2 3 ms 3 ms 3 ms 10.52.xx.xx
    3 4 ms 3 ms 4 ms 10.0.xx.xx
    4 4 ms 3 ms 3 ms 10.180.xx.xx
    5 15 ms 15 ms 16 ms 10.180.200.171
    6 18 ms 18 ms 18 ms 74.125.147.230
    7 18 ms 17 ms 19 ms 216.239.51.61
    8 18 ms 17 ms 18 ms 209.85.240.87
    9 18 ms 18 ms 18 ms dns.google [8.8.8.8]

7. Confirmation as to what you have setup in your Router if changes have been made
    I’ve set 192.168.100.78 as my PC’s as its static internal IP
    In IPv4 Port Mapping I’ve created a rule forwarding connections to TCP port 1802 (set both as internal and external port) to my PC’s static IP, I’ve tried this with only TCP 1802, and with all the ports mentioned at portforward.com (TCP: 1802,27015-27030,27036-27037 and UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036) setting TCP and UDP to each as stated and TCP/UDP to all.

I ran netstat -an | findstr "1802" (With FG Running and a campaign loaded as if wating for players to connect), it reads:
    TCP 0.0.0.0:1802 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING.

I can’t see my service at canyouseeme.org, and Wireshark app can’t see any packet transit.

Also tried disabling the Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) entry in services.msc. and the problem was not solved.

Note: I’d been using FG for almost two years in this PC and recall having some trouble first setting it up, but not nearly this much… I switched ISPs this week and haven’t figured out how to make it work. I just checked with my ISPs Tech Support and they say they don’t block anything related to port forwarding, the router is UPnP enabled, it’s a Huawei HG8145V5.

Can’t think of anything else, hope it’s enough for you to be able to throw some pointers my way.

Best regards.
    J Caballero
    Last edited by Caballero; March 25th, 2020 at 21:56.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballero View Post
    1. Your LAN IP Address
    187.190 (FG and whatsmyip.org), 10.52 on my Router’s WAN Infromation
    Wired
    Confirmed
    Windows Defender, all connections allowed for FG
    1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.100.1
    2 3 ms 3 ms 3 ms 10.52.0.1
    3 4 ms 3 ms 4 ms 10.0.11.29
    4 4 ms 3 ms 3 ms 10.180.54.34
    5 15 ms 15 ms 16 ms 10.180.200.171
    6 18 ms 18 ms 18 ms 74.125.147.230
    7 18 ms 17 ms 19 ms 216.239.51.61
    8 18 ms 17 ms 18 ms 209.85.240.87
    9 18 ms 18 ms 18 ms dns.google [8.8.8.8]
    I’ve set 192.168.100.78 as my PC’s as its static internal IP
    In IPv4 Port Mapping I’ve created a rule forwarding connections to TCP port 1802 (set both as internal and external port) to my PC’s static IP, I’ve tried this with only TCP 1802, and with all the ports mentioned at portforward.com (TCP: 1802,27015-27030,27036-27037 and UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036) setting TCP and UDP to each as stated and TCP/UDP to all.

I ran netstat -an and TCP 1802 is not listed.

I can’t see my service at canyouseeme.org, and Wireshark app can’t see any packet transit.

Also tried disabling the Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) entry in services.msc. and the problem was not solved.

A friend ran telnet commands to check if the port was listening when I ran FGs test using telnet, can’t recall the commands he used, but he said it seemed my PC was not listening on that port.

Note: I’d been using FG for almost two years in this PC and recall having some trouble first setting it up, but not nearly this much… I switched ISPs this week and haven’t figured out how to make it work. I just checked with my ISPs Tech Support and they say they don’t block anything related to port forwarding, the router is UPnP enabled, it’s a Huawei HG8145V5.

Can’t think of anything else, hope it’s enough for you to be able to throw some pointers my way.

Best regards.
    J Caballero
    Hi J Caballero

Point #2 where your routers WAN is different to the External IP that FG displays and the Tracert both say that you wont be able to Port Forward unfortunately. Your ISP has aggregated multiple customers on each IPv4 address. Please have a look at the Port Forwarding Alternatives thread. For me Hamachi or PureVPN are the easiest to work with but all the options there are viable.

You might also try the Fantasy Grounds Unity version - it will likely just work - however it is still well and truly in Beta and you should expect interruptions/errors.

Thread Information