STAR TREK 2d20
Page 27 of 76 First ... 17252627282937 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The difference is that with FG you are hosting, so you have inbound connections to you. All those others are hosted somewhere else (except maybe bit torrent), so you're connection is outbound to them (even though you are getting information from them).

Unfortunately, I'm not a network guy so I'm not going to be of much use. But one of the others will be along to help you out.
    Yeah, understood. That's why I mentioned the bit torrent example since that's the other one where I had to do port forwarding but it was successful. Team Speak can do hosting as well but I've only been doing client. Maybe I need to look into it and try there as well. Just a head scratcher is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbraith Telmor View Post
    Yeah, understood. That's why I mentioned the bit torrent example since that's the other one where I had to do port forwarding but it was successful. Team Speak can do hosting as well but I've only been doing client. Maybe I need to look into it and try there as well. Just a head scratcher is all.
    If you have been messing with a lot of stuff you may have too many things happening and they are interfering with one another. You may need to revert everything back tto where you started and then redo them one at a time and test your connection after each one.

You could screenshot your Port Forward rule and your exception in your antivirus for us. It's difficult to diagnose an issue blindly.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Comcast and Xfinity users - your ISP is "protecting" you and blocking incoming connections on your Port Forwards.
    https://www.xfinity.com/support/arti...anced-security
    Yeah - ran into this last night, took an hour to realize they've deployed an Intrusion Detection/Prevention solutions (IDS/IPS), as damned indicated. More info on it here. They really could have advertised it more...

I've left myself a "Sticky" on my windows 10 desktop to remind me to disable it prior to the night's session, and I'll re-enable it after.

Completely disabling it doesn't make much sense. The days of unsolicited inbound session requests went out in the 90s, and given the fact our home routers aren't well cared for with a Secure Software Development LifeCycle let alone a decent, long-term, firmware patching schedule - it's a decent service. Highly recommend it, particularly if you haven't worked in a SOC (Security Operations Center) and know your Cyber OpSec cold.
    ---
    Player: "I enter the room with reckless abandon"
    Me: [OOC] "You're sure about that? You're the sole Cleric in the group and the only one capable of rezzing. Besides that Cloth is terrible armor for taking point..."
    Player: [OOC] "No, no. We're good."
    Me: "Once again, <name withheld> takes a dirt nap. Grats!"

Here is the exception in Avast:
    avast.png
    Here is the Port Forwarding on the router:
    port1.png
    Here is the assignment of that forward to my static IP machine:
    port2.png
    And then the Windows Firewall settings:
    fire1.png
    fire2.png

Continued since I could only post 5 images at a time.

Then I also set the port-specific rules too when the other didn't work:
    fire in.png
    fire out.png

I should also mention that, as I was taking these screenshots, I disabled windows firewall as well as Avast long enough to try to connect again. Still not successful. That makes me think it has to be something with the router/ISP but obviously that's just a guess on my part. I really have no clue.
    Last edited by Galbraith Telmor; February 14th, 2020 at 22:47.

I’m not an expert but I’m not sure if you need to change anything in Windows. Avast should take over the Windows firewall and setting an exception there should be enough. I’m not familiar with that router so I can’t say whether that rule makes sense or not to be honest. My feeling is you have too many things changed and they are getting in each other’s way. But that’s just a guess really.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Galbraith Telmor if you would like me to logon with you later on and go thru everything with you send me yuor email via PM and we will organise something.

1. LAN: 192.168.0.10
    2. WAN: 160.2.xxx.x
    3. Wired Connection
    4. Connection is set to private.
    5. Using ESET with exception set for the port with the program attached to the port.
    6. 1 <1 ms 1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
    2 15 ms 16 ms 11 ms 10.117.59.1
    3 15 ms 14 ms 13 ms 192.168.87.65
    4 27 ms 30 ms 28 ms 10.224.252.217
    5 28 ms 28 ms 26 ms 74.125.147.132
    6 30 ms 29 ms 28 ms 108.170.240.193
    7 28 ms 30 ms 26 ms 216.239.35.161
    8 30 ms 28 ms 29 ms dns.google [8.8.8.8]
    7. Router is an Arris TG862, I have set up a virtual server and port trigger.

Blog Entries
    Welcome BearOnATricycle

If FG shows the WAN of 160.2.something and that matches what the Arris shows as its Internet or WAN IP then this might work.
    Otherwise you are going through a number of additional NAT stages and you will need to look at the Port Forwarding Alternatives thread.

FG shows my external to be the same as the Arris ip

Thread Information