DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 76 First ... 210111213142262 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Hi Jan,

Many European residents do not get access to an individual public IPv4 address.
    Looking at your results you will be best trying Hamachi, ZeroTier or PureVPN.
    The first two are free and you and the players will need to install and join the same network.
    PureVPN costs but only the GM needs to use it.

Hi damned,
    thanks for your reply. If PureVPN is only needed by the GM, that's what I'm going for.
    At the check out of the PureVPN order process I can select these optional options: Unbenannt.PNG
    Do I need the fixed IP (second option)?

Blog Entries
    Hi Cptn

There is one or more very good purevpn threads on these forums.
    I would check there first - and repost your question there if you cant find the exact answer.
    I personally have not used this particular VPN (but it is the most reliable one for using with FG).
    Someone there might also tell you how to get a discount on your purchase - I think if you let it sit in the basket for 15mins and then leave the page it offers you a discount or something like that...?
    But yes - you do need one of the add-on options - Im just not sure which.

They currently have a special anniversary offer so I took that with the dedicated ip address option. After starting the PureVPN app and select the dedicated ip area, I could click on connect and received a new ip. FG recognized this ip automatically and the connection test succeeded.
    Sooo much reading forum posts -.- Thanks everybody! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Cptn View Post
    They currently have a special anniversary offer so I took that with the dedicated ip address option.
    Yep, that's the options you need.

Glad you got a successful connection test.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

1. Your LAN IP Address -----192.168.1.50 (static IP)
    2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds and as displayed by your Router----yes
    3. Whether you are using Wired or Wireless (and not both) -----wired
    4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Centre to Private ----yes it is private
    5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions ---webroot
    6. Post the results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once its been responded to)trace for fg.PNG
    7. Confirmation as to what you have setup in your Router if changes have been made router capture.PNG

I am truly at a loss as to why this is not passing the connection test. I have placed some image files in here of the information requested. Any help getting me connected on my new pc would be amazing. Thanks in advance

Bukkyo

Just rebooted router/modem and still failed test

Blog Entries
    bukkyo do you have another computer in the house?
    try and connect that computer to your LAN IP 192.168.1.50
    if that fails then the issue is on your windows firewall or AV or network profile
    if that works then the issue is on your router or at your ISPs end

Looking at various web posts, the "external host" entry might be Any, 0.0.0.0 or even blank. This FG GM was having an issue and changed it to be nothing (completely blank) and it worked: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-st5260-router

If that doesn’t work, and you have a spare computer, do the test damned suggested.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information