Starfinder Playlist
Page 30 of 76 First ... 20282930313240 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    The Spectrum modem is the first device (.0.1). You need to log in to it and port forward to your Netgear.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The Spectrum modem is the first device (.0.1). You need to log in to it and port forward to your Netgear.
    Thank you, LordEntrails. I think I found the software to port my modem, but I'm not sure which IP address goes in the "Private IP Address" field. I'm scared to enter the wrong address, as I don't want to break anything, and I have no idea what I'm doing. Below is the field:

modem port forward window.jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Thank you, LordEntrails. I think I found the software to port my modem, but I'm not sure which IP address goes in the "Private IP Address" field. I'm scared to enter the wrong address, as I don't want to break anything, and I have no idea what I'm doing. Below is the field:

modem port forward window.jpg
    So I'm no expert. And my networking knowledge has a weakness in this area... on the Spectrum their is hopefully a 'connected device' list that shows the devices this is connected to. One of this will be your Netgear. It's probably 192.168.0.2 BUT that's an assumption... it might also be 192.168.1.1, but I don't think so. Basically you are looking for the address the Spectrum has assigned to the Netgear on the Spectrum's network (not the address the Netgear assigns on its own network, which we know is 192.168.1.1 and which I think is different address on the Spectrum network, but I could be wrong).

If you are comfortable trying/guessing and you can't find a connected item list, then try those two. Otherwise wait for one of the others to pop on and confirm things. Worst case you might have to do a factory reset.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    It will be a 192.168.0.something address
    You can only port forward to a local address and 192.168.1.something is not local, its on another network

If you can see it in connected devices on the spectrum router then log into the netgear and find its WAN or Internet Address - thats what you will put in the spectrum as the private ip.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Verum View Post
    External is: 184.157
    hey Uncle Verum If you still dont have this working and you would like me to log on and look at it with you remotely send me your email via PM

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Please call your ISP as it does sound like the connection test is triggering a firewall rule. It could be a TCP flood protection rule but more likely intrusion detection
    So I finally spoke with someone with my ISP who knows what I was talking about, and as far as they know, there are no protections or limits other than what is accessible on the modem itself. So it is going to have to be an issue with ESET or Fantasy Grounds itself I guess.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BearOnATricycle View Post
    So I finally spoke with someone with my ISP who knows what I was talking about, and as far as they know, there are no protections or limits other than what is accessible on the modem itself. So it is going to have to be an issue with ESET or Fantasy Grounds itself I guess.
    if you would like me to log on and look at it with you remotely send me your email via PM

Easiest thing is to set your modem to bridge mode. You should find it in one of the modem menus

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Easiest thing is to set your modem to bridge mode. You should find it in one of the modem menus
    Thats fine if everything is connected to the internal device.
    Many people start with one device and then they add a second device because they want coverage further away and they end up with some devices on each device.

Good evening all, I now belong to the one of many having trouble getting FG to connect. I have had it working in the past, but lost it after I moved house (same ISP - TPG Australia).

Lan IP: 192.168.1.50
    WAN IP: 220.253.x.x
    Wired Connection
    Network Adaptor is set on private
    AVG antivirus

Tracing route to dns.google [8.8.8.8]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 3 ms 2 ms 2 ms 192-168-1-1.tpgi.com.au [192.168.1.1]
    2 12 ms 10 ms 11 ms 10-20-25-79.tpgi.com.au [10.20.25.79]
    3 27 ms 25 ms 23 ms 27-32-160-130.static.tpgi.com.au [27.32.160.130]
    4 29 ms 23 ms 23 ms bri-sot-wic-crt1-TG-3-0-0.tpgi.com.au [202.7.173.222]
    5 29 ms 31 ms 31 ms syd-gls-har-crt2-be-10.tpgi.com.au [202.7.173.17]
    6 24 ms 43 ms 34 ms syd-gls-har-cdn11-be200.tpgi.com.au [203.221.3.81]
    7 22 ms 23 ms 22 ms 72.14.197.162
    8 23 ms 24 ms 24 ms 72.14.235.125
    9 24 ms 23 ms 22 ms 74.125.37.155
    10 29 ms 20 ms 23 ms dns.google [8.8.8.8]

Trace complete.

I have also opened 1802 in windows firewall as well.

The thing is FG gives me a green success when I do a test, but have I have tried with two different machines to connect and I still can't get through. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thread Information