Starfinder Playlist
Page 24 of 76 First ... 1422232425263474 ... Last
    What about getting the year long PureVPN sub, that way you can carry your IP and VPN with you should you need to change ISP's?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Sorry - it does appear you tried Hamachi. It is unusual for a network provider to be blocking Hamachi.
    yes, I did it! two times, before they made the bridge and after, in both cases I was able to create the network, my players were able to login, but they were unable to login in FG.
    Ping attempts failed in both directions, and if I was running a diagnose the result was I have a firewall problem (which I verified is not a pc problem trying from two different computers).
    I have a paid VPN software (Cyberghost) works fine for some p2p and accessing geo detection services and sites (like netflix back in the day) but isn't helping with FG

Regarding the question about why so many problems from my ISP I have the feeling is a combo of several factors that make them communicate in a obscure way to hide what probably are poor commercial directions
    I will keep you posted on how things go when i get the router and the fiber box gets bridged
    Last edited by Jaume; January 13th, 2020 at 21:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaume View Post
    yes, I did it! two times, before they made the bridge and after, in both cases I was able to create the network, my players were able to login, but they were unable to login in FG.
    And they were putting your hamachi assigned IP address into the "host" box when trying to connect?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You may also need to go to network connections and set the Hamchi Connection profile to Private
    I didn't thought about it back then, just checked it now and yes, my hamachi profile is set to Private

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    And they were putting your hamachi assigned IP address into the "host" box when trying to connect?
    Yes, as described in the thread about how to use hamachi, alias was disabled and the host address was the hamachi address, it was taking a long time but in the end wasn't able to connect (i would say it was a timeout answer)

little update, in case you are wondering what happened.
    I got a router, set up the port forwarding, assigned a permanent dhcp address for the pc, etc.
    I got a nice router that maps all the house network with all devices etc, really cool device
    Ask the ISP to put the fiber box in bridge mode with fixed IP.
    and...still not works, all ports keep appearing as closed or give timeout, and of course nor Hamachi nor FG are working
    After 2 hours on the phone testing with my pc, and two different laptops wired directly in the fiber box the ISP agreed to send a technician next week (this is going to be useless since he is merely coming to verify the fiber box they have installed one week ago is not broken)

Funny fact, yesterday I have asked my block neighbour to go to canyouseeme.org and try a few ports, guess the result? all ports are closed!!!
    I think here the problem is somewhere else, maybe the building has a common access point somewhere, or maybe the area network hub.
    Regardless if this is going to be fixed (I don't think so) its obvious is not in my home setup, as so I felt I had to thank you guys for the time invested trying to find the solution for a problem that was not there.
    Thank you for your time an effort

Keep in mind that canyouseeme.org will report ports closed unless there is an application up and running using a port, and that port has a specific port forwarding rule on the router.

Ports with nowhere to go (no port forwarding) will show closed. Ports with somewhere to go but no app running at the location (port) will show closed.

So getting a neighbour to check a few ports will show them all closed, because there's nothing listening on those ports for their WAN IP address.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    But you and your neighbour could both go to google and type: what is my ip address
    They should not come back the same if your ISP is being straight with you.

If you would like me to have a look at your setup with you please send me your email via PM.

I understand what you mean, I have ask him to check ports that are usually open, like 80, 8080, 443, etc
    I'm not an expert but I assume that testing port 80 with the browser it fulfills the required conditions you mentioned

In the other hand, we work for a big corporation and this building of apartments was built by the company.
    Nowaday the apartments are managed by a real estate company but i would not be surprised that back in the day they build it like any other corporation office

Quick edit: WE SUCCEED TO MAKE FG WORK!!!
    Using Hamachi, we created a new network using the option managed network, so whatever the ISP do with the ticket at least we will be able to play FG
    Last edited by Jaume; January 18th, 2020 at 14:11.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaume View Post
    I understand what you mean, I have ask him to check ports that are usually open, like 80, 8080, 443, etc
    I'm not an expert but I assume that testing port 80 with the browser it fulfills the required conditions you mentioned
    nope.
    there are two directions.
    inbound and outbound
    when you request data from a web server you are sending a request OUT
    at the other end the request is coming IN
    this request will be coming from a (semi)random port on your computer larger than 1024
    and then your router will NAT that request and give it a new source address (its own IP) and a new source port (another random port, usually above 1024)
    the remote server will receive that request on port 80 (or more likely 443 today) and send data back to
    your routers ip address and the port it specified

there are almost always dozens of open ports on the router listening for return traffic - but they will only accept the return traffic that matches the request data they sent out

---

when you host a FG server its all around the other way
    you are accepting connections from out there, coming IN to your network on TCP1802

---

you need to have allowed TCP1802 in an INBOUND direction from ALL external parties
    and you need to have a port forward rule that sends that TCP1802 traffic to your computer on TCP1802

---

can you see me will see nothing on 80/443 etc - unless your router is misconfigured...

Thread Information