5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 26 of 76 First ... 16242526272836 ... Last
    Yes, I have a second PC. I started up the demo campaign on my GM machine and was able to connect from the second using 192.168.1.13

Blog Entries
    Good start.
    So the most likely causes are:
    The firewall rule is only allowing traffic from known or local networks and not from Any network
    TCP floos protection on router or ISP has blocked traffic - but you would normally get at least one success before flood protection kicks in
    The ISP is blocking the port forwarding

It could be other things but they are the most likely.
    Try delete your Firewall rules for FG and create a new one that
    Accepts all incoming traffic from any network, from any port, to TCP1802.
    Check that there is no TCP flood protection enabled

I have to hit the sack just now. Good luck!

So, just as a test, I decided to turn off Windows firewall. I turned off domain, private, and public firewalls just to be sure I covered everything. I ran the connection test. Still failed.
    Seems like it's something somewhere else. Maybe it's something on the router firewall but I have the port forwarding setup so it shouldn't be. Totally confused now. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Galbraith Telmor View Post
    So, just as a test, I decided to turn off Windows firewall. I turned off domain, private, and public firewalls just to be sure I covered everything. I ran the connection test. Still failed.
    Seems like it's something somewhere else. Maybe it's something on the router firewall but I have the port forwarding setup so it shouldn't be. Totally confused now. :/
    As damned mentioned have you checked for flood protection? And did you do as he suggested by amending your firewall rule?

Switching off a firewall is no guarantee that there are some elements of it still working on your computer so it's better to create rules rather than turn it off. Make sure as well that you have a solid rule whitelisting FG in Avast since I have seen people having issues with that particular AV. Try deleting whatever you have already and rebooting your computer and then create a fresh exception.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

So in my Windows Firewall I've tried to find anything about settings for flood protection and can't find it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
    In Windows Firewall I do have inbound and outbound rules forwarding any traffic on 1802 TCP to my PC in addition to the Fantasy Grounds rule allowing all traffic for that app.

As for Avast, any guidance on other things I may need to check there since I've run tests with it "all shields disabled"?

Again, really appreciate all the feedback.

Flood Protection is something that is on your router rather than a windows setting.

I'm not familiar enough with Avast to help you here, but I assume that you can create an exception specifically allowing Fantasy Grounds per this https://www.softwarebattle.com/avast-whitelist/

You said you have a rule in Windows Firewall; but if you have Avast operating then that should take over your firewall and so you would only need a rule in Avast. Make sure that you don't have Windows Defender running and Avast since that will cause no end of conflicts.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

That link was perfect. I was able to figure out how to set an exception and set it in Avast for the entire Fantasy Grounds folder. Still not able to get through though. I also don't have windows defender.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbraith Telmor View Post
    That link was perfect. I was able to figure out how to set an exception and set it in Avast for the entire Fantasy Grounds folder. Still not able to get through though. I also don't have windows defender.
    To recap, you are able to get another computer on your network to connect, but not a computer from outside your network?
    I know in the last few weeks/months, Comcast, Xfinity, and Cox has started enabling "advanced security features" for their customers that prevent incoming connections or highly regulate them. By chance has your ISP started doing something similar?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm on Uverse and, as far as I know, they've not done this. I know it's not comparing apples to apples but I don't have any issues connecting to MMOs that I play, discord, Team Speak, Roll 20 (ahem), or even running bit torrent as a test. That's what's making this so puzzling. Everything appears fine but it won't connect.

Blog Entries
    The difference is that with FG you are hosting, so you have inbound connections to you. All those others are hosted somewhere else (except maybe bit torrent), so you're connection is outbound to them (even though you are getting information from them).

Unfortunately, I'm not a network guy so I'm not going to be of much use. But one of the others will be along to help you out.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information