5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 38 of 76 First ... 28363738394048 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi. Ping me when youa re online and Ill test with you.
    Thank you, good to know you could connect. I have the firewall off on the Mac but am not able to connect (macOS Sierra). I turned it on and allowed FG, but still no connection. I have the cross platform box checked. Is there a FAQ page for players trying to connect? Or where in the system settings I need to look to turn something on or off?

*my players with PCs could connect. My other player with a Mac could not.
    Last edited by darthravage; March 29th, 2020 at 22:37.

Blog Entries
    Trying to get a new GM setup and could not get the connection test to pass. Help appreciated;

1. Your LAN IP Address
    2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds and as displayed by your Router
    174.112 By FG
    174.112 By tracert
    3. Whether you are using Wired or Wireless (and not both)
    wireless
    4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Centre to Private
    Confirmed Private
    5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions
    Avast, exception set
    6. Post the results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once its been responded to)
    tracert.jpg
    7. Confirmation as to what you have setup in your Router if changes have been made
    Port Forwarding
    portforward.jpg

Tried with Avast Firewall disabled. Tried with Avast VPN enabled and disabled. ISP is Rogers from Canada.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Players cannot connect to my client. Was actually working before. Did not change any settings that I know of.

1. 192.168.86.26
    2. 216.165
    3. Wired (to mesh network hub
    4. Network set to Private
    5. AV, Malwarebyte and Windows firewall... FG given exceptions and double checked allowing 1802 port
    6. <edited>

7. Port forwarding enabled to my lan ip for port 1802.
    Last edited by dumhed; March 30th, 2020 at 17:05.

Blog Entries
    Hey dumhed can you confirm (screenshot preferred) that the router shows the same ip address on its WAN as FG sees?

Lord Entrails nothing obvious in that info supplied. Suspect its still Avast or Windows Firewall.

Blog Entries
    Actually dumhed you have a Google wifi thingy that probably requires you to NAT your router to your Google and your Google to your PC.
    Once of them has got a changed IP if ot was previously working.

Hi!

I called them, I told them I had security IP cameras that need to be put out o CGNAT and they provided me a public IP address. Thank you for the help!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel0307 View Post
    Hi!

I called them, I told them I had security IP cameras that need to be put out o CGNAT and they provided me a public IP address. Thank you for the help!
    Nice work! Well done. When you move to FGU repeat the setup but do it for UDP instead of TCP (or as well as).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Lord Entrails nothing obvious in that info supplied. Suspect its still Avast or Windows Firewall.
    Thanks, I will try to get those things checked again.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Been Having trouble for a few weeks. Has worked previously, but now will not connect to FG Server in updater, retrieve external IP, generate an alias, or succeed a connection test in order to host. Have had prior success in "fixing" this by restarting router, but only worked a couple times for a single hosting instance. This no longer seems to work though...

1. 10.0.0.221
    2. fail to retrieve By FG
    76.127 By router
    3. Wireless
    4. Confirmed Private
    5. No AV, made exception rules in Windows Firewall
    6. tracert.JPG
    7. XfinityPortForward.JPG

Tried disabling Firewall as well

Thread Information