5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 74 of 76 First ... 24647273747576 Last
    Is anyone else having issues with new player computers connecting, while using the ALIAS to do so? The computers have no problem connecting if I give them my direct IP address, only when trying to use the alias feature. Is this feature being phased out, since classic is no longer being updated perhaps?

As far as I know, there have been zero changes to the alias system for years. I think that most connection issues are tied to ever evolving patchwork of networking changes between security software, network hardware, and Internet provider tech.

If you look in the console.log file in the FGC data folder, it should have some basic info on request sent and whether response received.

Regards,
    JPG

Is the system still filtering out some IP ranges, I remember that happening because of ddos attacks a while ago.

I have used FG classic in the past and have had some issues before. Its been a while since I have used the program, but Winter is coming and starting up a new Campaign. Not sure what has changed other than me downloading the free update to windows 11 and a new router from Spectrum. I have attempted to use the program port forward utility software to open my port 1802, but failed. I have attached, what I think is the info asked for, screen shots of all the questions 1-8. Spectrum only has an app to access my router and can't just access it from my pc now, but have gone in on my phone and it told me I can not add the rule because it already exists. Does unity work differently than this? If so I will just shell out the cash to buy the lifetime pass of that instead of having to go through all this. Any help would be appreciated in resolving this issue.

Update - Just getting Unity since no more of this port forwarding crap.
    Last edited by bukkyo; December 21st, 2021 at 07:57. Reason: No reason to have this info out there

I stopped using Classic as soon as Unity was released. The only connection issues players had is using WiFi and having a poor connection. So they plug in via ethernet when they play now. Take the plunge. Unity is better unless your players have ancient machines

SO no more port forwarding BS?

Quote Originally Posted by bukkyo View Post
    SO no more port forwarding BS?
    No. Unity uses a different system.

awesome ty! buying now

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bukkyo View Post
    I have used FG classic in the past and have had some issues before. Its been a while since I have used the program, but Winter is coming and starting up a new Campaign. Not sure what has changed other than me downloading the free update to windows 11 and a new router from Spectrum. I have attempted to use the program port forward utility software to open my port 1802, but failed. I have attached, what I think is the info asked for, screen shots of all the questions 1-8. Spectrum only has an app to access my router and can't just access it from my pc now, but have gone in on my phone and it told me I can not add the rule because it already exists. Does unity work differently than this? If so I will just shell out the cash to buy the lifetime pass of that instead of having to go through all this. Any help would be appreciated in resolving this issue.

Update - Just getting Unity since no more of this port forwarding crap.
    So basically everything changed!
    I will go through your responses shortly.
    For a 3 month trial of FGU go to humblebundle.com and get the minimum Pathfinder pack for about $1.

Blog Entries
    It looks like you have some double NAT happening
    can you post a screenshot of your router/modem status page
    and also the port forwarding rules

Thread Information