5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
    Blog Entries

New 5e (and system neutral) modules released this week converted by me

I just thought I would give a little more detail than is usual than the typical store selling text.

Two 5e adventures were released yesterday. The first is How Orcus Stole Christmas by James Spahn and published by Frog God Games. It is a fun holiday themed module with nods to many famous movies and Christmas shows. It is targeted at levels 3-5, and is on the tough side (as many Frog God Games products are). The end boss, Orcus' Claws, is very tough for a lower level party. It can be done, but there needs to be a careful approach by the players and at least one rest can be assumed to be needed. Very nice art and tokens for all the new monsters.

The other is Shunned Valley by Raging Swan Press. If you ever wanted a good example of a "starter" adventure for a campaign, I think this one fits the bill. A well detailed village and 3 small dungeons that test different skills and approaches for a low level party. It is an excellent example of what I think you need to start a campaign. Many new DMs look at the WoTC books and think that they need to write something that big, and then they stall out at the writing stage (the WoTC books have a whole team, not one DM). Shunned Valley has a good starter village that can become their home base and a dungeon area where the three dungeons are developed plus the area around them is as well. There is a slight backstory and good random encounters and rumor tables and such.

I also have been converting some of the Raging Swan Press table books, which are meant to quickly give you a template for an encounter with a monster to flesh it out with more detail that makes the encounter more interesting to describe and run. Look for Monstrous Lair for examples of those or the latest Troublesome Treasures for some examples and ideas of how you can customize treasures. These are system neutral so I could not create the items themselves in FG format, but the treasure tables are set up so you could easily make them and parcels as well.

I am always interested in feedback of which modules people would like to see. The Village books from Raging Swan are steady sellers, and I plan on doing more of them, but if there are other Raging Swan Press products you want to see, let me know and I can see about converting them sooner rather than later.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    There are two table books that I think would be good use in FG for creating flavor on the fly.

One is essentially details for a dungeon environment like doors, stairs, detritus found in hallways etc.... The other is essentially the same thing but for wilderness areas.

Both IMO would be great in FG for a DM to flesh out areas and add details.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    There are three. Dungeon Dressing, Wilderness Dressing and Urban Dressing.

I did Dungeon Dressing myself about 2 years ago but not in publishable shape. I have about 1/2 the urban dressing book done in proper format.

Will work on those in system neutral format (Dungeon Dressing that I did is Pathfinder that I converted in the fly to 5e so I need to redo it).

Every time I enter lots of tables I thank Celestian for his table entry extension.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Good to hear! I certainly will purchase when they're available. System Neutral format would be my strong preference as well.

Thank you.

Edit: I did not know about the urban dressing book... will have to track it down if available for purchase.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information