DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 18 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibrene View Post
    DANG.... that seemed to work.. Now I can see the Ext in 3.5E... I'll test it tonight.. BRILLIANT, if it works, ha ha. Does this look like I did it correctly?
    Attachment 34074
    looks good

So sorry... your first post DOES explicitly state that 3.5E is not supported... My apologies. I'll use it as is.. Seems to work after I stack the effect 5 to 6 times. It'll do the trick. Thank you sir.

Hello ! Great extension ! If only I could make it work...
    I'm having trouble with Mirror Image ext and "Advanced 3.5E and Pathfinder" seems to be the cause of it (when I'm unloading the Advanced ext, everything works like a charm)
    When an attack hits on a NPC with one or more mirror image(s), a %dice is rolled but nothing happens (just like the dice were never rolled). If I do the exact same process after unloading the Advanced Effects extension, the dice is rolled and a mirror image can be targeted.
    I downloaded the most recent versions of both extension. Do you know where the problem lies ?

Kelrugem put some logic in his extensions to check for this extension and integrate with it correctly. Are you sure you're using the latest versions of both extensions? I use this extension with his "Strain/Injury with Full package" and it works fine.

I can confirm this, but I do not understand why this is not working completely. The "Remove on near miss" for example works if and only if all necessary extensions are loaded, this means that the logic in my code works, it realizes when Mirror Image Handler is loaded and adjusts its logic. Besides the near miss stuff, also the miss chance for the images is rolled then, but I do not understand why the removal of an image does not trigger then (when something has to be removed). The removal of the image is in the extra lua file of the mirror image handler; but since the miss chance against the images is rolled we know that this extra file is recognized and used.

It looks like that the function onMirrorImage does not get triggered when used with my extensions, but I have no idea why because other things work; hm, I have to think about it a while Would appreciate any advice when someone may have a clue why only part of the code gets used of the mirror Image Handler, might be something subtle with how FG handles extensions

EDIT: Oh, I now may have it, but I do not understand why I had to add that code (I will post that separately)

@Darrenan: I had to add

Code:
    if MirrorImageHandler then
        ActionsManager.registerResultHandler("mirrorimage", MirrorImageHandler.onMirrorImage);
    end
    in the onInit of my AttackManager, then it works but I have no idea why I had to do this Because your code already registers this and by the chat message and the miss roll against images etc. it is clear that the onInit of your extra file gets triggered when my extension is also loaded; I am not sure why I had to register onMirrorImage again

Nevertheless, I will upload the new versions soon, then hopefully the compatibility really works
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 20th, 2020 at 18:19.

So, reuploaded my extensions, hopefully it works now (for me it does and I am pretty sure it worked before, I still do not completely understand what was going wrong)

It works now, thank you ! You know what they say in IT :
    Sometimes it doesn't work, and you don't know why because it should.
    Sometimes it works, and you don't know why because it shouldn't.
    Thank you again !

Quote Originally Posted by diieus View Post
    It works now, thank you ! You know what they say in IT :
    Sometimes it doesn't work, and you don't know why because it should.
    Sometimes it works, and you don't know why because it shouldn't.
    Thank you again !
    hehe

Glad that it works now

Found a problem here. The near miss works fine, but if you set the FG option to enable Manual Dice rolls (some of my players like to roll dice, so I let them), this doesn't work. If a hit is scored, a manual dice entry comes up to roll. When rolling that and it hits an image, it is not able to remove the image from the target. Chat log shows "Effect ['STACK: mirror image'] -> [Not found on ]". Seems that it loses the target somewhere in triggering the manual roll. It works fine if Manual Rolls is not set (rolls and removes image properly).

Zev

Thread Information