DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... Last

Mirror Image Handler extension

This extension automatically calculates whether an attack hits a target with Mirror Images, or hits one of the images. This extension depends on the STACK: functionality in the PF Remove Effect Tag extension. To add a Mirror Image effect to an actor in a way that this extension will act on it, use the following syntax for the effect: "STACK: mirror image". Do not put anything before STACK, and match the casing. When an attack is made against an actor with this effect, and the attack hits, another rolls will be made to see if the attack hits the target or an image, and if it hits an image it will automatically remove one stack of the effect.

This extension will only work for the PFRPG ruleset. The Mirror Image spell works differently in 3.5E and I (selfishly) don't feel like supporting both. If this is important for anyone playing 3.5E, you have my blessing to add support. You could also make a copy of this extension that only works for 3.5E (which might be easier honestly, because I think you'll need to plug into the attack handling logic at an earlier stage of the logic).

Misfire Support in v1.8 and above You can include the chance of a weapon misfire in the properties field for the weapon in the form "misfire n", where n is the highest number that will cause a misfire. Misfires will be reported as such in the weapon attack output in that chat window, overriding misses and automatic misses where applicable.

This extension will not load if the Remove Effect Tag Extension is not loaded.

Screenshots showing the extension in action:

announce.JPGeffect_setup.JPGeffect_applied.JPGattack_hit_target.JPGattack_hit_image.JPG

Latest extension version is attached to post #3. Please reply to this thread if you have issues or think there is a bug.

Version Comments
    1.3 FG v3.3.8 compatibility release. Add Keen extension functionality.
    1.4 Fixes the issue with unconfirmed critical threats not triggering mirror image handling. If you use Kelrugem's extensions you will need to wait for him to apply this same fix. Until then, they will exhibit the problem.
    1.5,1.6 FG 3.3.12 compatiblity releases.
    1.7 Compatibility with 2020-02 Ruleset Updates
    1.8 Misfire support (see notes above)
    1.9 Fix bad parameter passed to EffectManager.notifyApply. This should clear up the [ERROR] that was showing up in the chat window.
    1.10 Compatiblity release.
    1.11 Fixed a bug where the same mirror image count would be used for all attacks in the same roll. Show correct icon in chat output when a misfire occurs.
    1.12 4.1.12 compatibility release.
    1.13 Mirror image roll wasn't happening after failed critical confirmation roll. Fixed.
    1.14 4.2.0 compatibility release.
    1.15 Minor fix to previous version.
    1.16 Compatibility release.
    1.17 Fix script error that occurs when dragging an attack roll from the chat window onto a creature with mirror images.
    Last edited by darrenan; June 7th, 2023 at 04:09.

FGU users get it here.

FGC users download: Mirror Image Handler.ext
    Last edited by darrenan; November 22nd, 2022 at 21:59.

Blog Entries
    This thing works great.. nice job Darrenan!
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Mirror Image, the most forgettable DM's spell ever

NOTE: This extension is NOT compatible with my "Keen" extension. I will be merging the keen functionality into Mirror Image Handler at some point.

Very gentlemanly of you, darrenan.

Very nice. +1 to extend the functionality to include STACK: shocking image

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

interesting...I'll take a look at that

Blog Entries
    Hrm.. actually.. if you did that.. you could automate the whole shocking image spell effect!
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thread Information