Starfinder Playlist
Page 6 of 53 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    OK - this is a great extension! Thanks

I notice that the tokens for most animals in PHB and DMG are just pox-ridden letters not actual tokens. I created some new beasts with proper tokens but the players cant see them (I tried all the share tokens procedure (combat tracker, drag onto PC) but that doesn't work. Suggestions (or just live with a Giant B for Bear)

You can’t share tokens with players. It’s for the DM to allocate tokens to players and NPCs. If you want to change the tokens for any NPC you can either make a copy of the NPC, unlock the copy and add a new token. You can also drop a new token on an NPC in an encounter or drop one on the NPC token on the CT. None of the animals in the PHB, MM or DMG came with artwork, hence the letter tokens.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You can’t share tokens with players. It’s for the DM to allocate tokens to players and NPCs. If you want to change the tokens for any NPC you can either make a copy of the NPC, unlock the copy and add a new token. You can also drop a new token on an NPC in an encounter or drop one on the NPC token on the CT. None of the animals in the PHB, MM or DMG came with artwork, hence the letter tokens.
    Thanks, Zacchaeus. I made copies of the beasties and added artwork - the dragging the NPC onto the character seemed to work - don't know what I was doing wrong first time around (it was late and I was tired).

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone for your praise and feedback. It means a lot. I can observe the number of times one of my extensions has been downloaded, but without written feedback, whether positive or negative, one just does their development in a vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You can’t share tokens with players. It’s for the DM to allocate tokens to players and NPCs. If you want to change the tokens for any NPC you can either make a copy of the NPC, unlock the copy and add a new token.....
    I was working with my DM to add pictures (tokens) to the NPCs for my use in the campaign that I am playing in and was surprised to learn how labor intensive it is for the DM to add my tokens. So this is another item on the "to do" list. An automated way for the DM to share copies of NPCs with the Druid. I'm thinking about the automatic creation of a "Wild Shapes" Group in the NPC library. It would be nice if I could share the Group as a unit, but that might not be possible. Barring that, an NPC dragged on to the Group (by the DM) would auto-copy and auto-share with Druids in the campaign.

I'll get to this, Lilly Fireblade's suggestion regarding TMP HP and heal spells and ffugita's suggestion about magical damage at 6th level.

I am trying to get another extension out that I have been reworking for about two months now. I do hear your "wants" and will entertain them as soon as I can.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

The fastest and easiest way to share the "group", with the way you're doing the wildshape, would be to make copies of the wildshape NPCs (drag and drop NPCs back into NPC window), put them in your own NPC module, and make it a player accessible module.

Granted then you'd have copyright issues unless you posted it on DMs guild... "Pay what you want" maybe, if you go that route...

Just some thoughts.

Cheers,
    Bob
    Last edited by Diablobob; February 6th, 2019 at 11:51.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablobob View Post
    The fastest and easiest way to share the "group", with the way you're doing the wildshape, would be to make copies of the wildshape NPCs (drag and drop NPCs back into NPC window), put them in your own NPC module, and make it a player accessible module.

Granted then you'd have copyright issues unless you posted it on DMs guild... "Pay what you want" maybe, if you go that route...
    For my own use, in the campaign I am in, the copyright issue is moot. But sharing with others, it becomes one. For me though my DM is resistant to me putting together the module, why I don't know, but in my opinion you don't pick a fight with your DM. Also there's some inflexibility in this. I'm in Chult. All sorts of new creatures. Adding them to my repertoire means constantly reworking the module.

And most importantly, it doesn't allow me to advance the capabilities of my extension and learn something new about the Smiteworks code. Something all of us programmer/developers hold dear to heart. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about here, right Diablobob?
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters

I do, I was suggesting it as a temp solution for users and if you wanted to share you could put just that mod file on DMsGuild till you get more functionality working... By all means keep full control of your ext... Just the temp mod file would need to be over there

I don't think the compatible entries from the SRD would be a copyright issue to link/copy.

But what would be nice was an extension that hot-swapped the portrait of the character with a collection of tokens or to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly Fireblade View Post
    I don't think the compatible entries from the SRD would be a copyright issue to link/copy.

But what would be nice was an extension that hot-swapped the portrait of the character with a collection of tokens or to that effect.
    His ext does swap tokens, as does mine... And yes the SRD is fine, but if you compile MM or Volos beasts or the like... Then you gotta worry about copyright

But I think he wants to do something that triggers the shift, and auto shares the NPC... Which is doable...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly Fireblade View Post
    ... the heal didn't increase the tempory hit points that the druid has while wildshaped...
    I was thinking of a solution to this only in terms of another party member casting a spell to heal a wounded Wild Shaped Druid. I got to thinking about other avenues of healing and wondered if a Wild Shaped Druid could roll HD during a short rest? Mike Mearles of WotC answered this question in the affirmative in August of 2015.

Lilly, ffujita & others: I am working on this but the can of worms just got bigger, or at least it has more worms.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:

Thread Information