DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 52 of 53 First ... 24250515253 Last
    [QUOTE=Minty23185Fresh;417330]
    THIS EXTENSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

As of late September 2023 I've not played D&D in over a year now.
    It's doubtful that I will return in the near future.
    Currently I have no interest, nor time, to maintain it.

Really sad to here this, Hope everything works out for you.

I have used this extension as a base for another that I use in a campaign based on Skyrim, where the Morph Class (from A Touch of Class) is available. The Morph uses the Druid wildshape feature, but slightly modified. I got in touch with Minty to get the extension code and created a Morph Wildshape Implementor.

I have look into the code and struggled to identify the recent errors could be rectified. I then looked at the DWS_template_campaign.xml file and compared it with the CoreRPG template_campaign.xml file. Everyhting in the DWS file seems unique but this is where the errors were being generated from.

So, I decided to remove this file completely and see what happened. I have done some testing and no errors occur, but also I cannot see any detrimental effect of removing this file.

I have not included the modified extension here as I don't want to get into any copyright issues with Minty on this. If Minty and the developers agree I will upload my version for people to try out. I am in the process of setting up a crafter account in the Forge so it could be released that way.

I would be interested to hear what everyone else has to say about my approach above.

I really miss this extension. It's simply not working anymore. It's so sad that i was not DMins for a while, then come back to find it's not working anymore. If Anyone knows of a substitute, i'd really apreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrique Oliveira Machado View Post
    I really miss this extension. It's simply not working anymore. It's so sad that i was not DMins for a while, then come back to find it's not working anymore. If Anyone knows of a substitute, i'd really apreciate.
    We're trying to get ahold of minty and see if there's a way the dev community can take this over with his/her blessing. So far I haven't gotten a response. I feel ya with this one - it's one of my must have extensions at this point.

I just found this "Polymorphism" extension from Grim Press, which looks like it will do this job. https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/156/view

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoGM View Post
    I just found this "Polymorphism" extension from Grim Press, which looks like it will do this job. https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/156/view
    Meh. For 15 bucks, sure.

Someone who writes and maintains extensions for fun is eventually going to stop writing and maintaining extensions, when it stops being fun. Someone who gets paid (a tiny bit, granted) to do it is likely to keep doing it. $15 is cheap. If it's too much, write your own and give it away.

If it's too much, write your own and give it away.
    10 bucks here, 15 bucks there. Just tired of the nickel and dime game. Still hoping to hear from Minty as to whether the Unofficial Developer's Guild can take this one over.

Someone who writes and maintains extensions for fun is eventually going to stop writing and maintaining extensions, when it stops being fun. Someone who gets paid (a tiny bit, granted) to do it is likely to keep doing it. $15 is cheap. If it's too much, write your own and give it away.
    True, but the exact same thing WILL happen over time with paid mods, in most cases the creator will stop and the mod will go dead. Which brings about the "I've spent $XXX on mods and now none of them work"
    I have mods I paid for right now that haven't been updated for ages and do not work with the current FGU. //shrugs.

Your "pay or write your own" has a strong smell of the "if you don't like it leave the country" mentality.
    Last edited by Blackwolfe; November 2nd, 2023 at 22:18.
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

Blog Entries
    I look at it in the light that any extension I use is not essential. Not only because I can do whatever I need manually, but also because as noted that eventually the extension is very likely to stop working or being maintained. Any extensions I pay for, I do with the understanding that I pay for it for use now, and maybe for the next few months., but that eventually that money will be spent and the extension will be a part of history.

Such an attitude keeps me from being annoyed or upset.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    True, but the exact same thing WILL happen over time with paid mods, in most cases the creator will stop and the mod will go dead. Which brings about the "I've spent $XXX on mods and now none of them work"
    I have mods I paid for right now that haven't been updated for ages and do not work with the current FGU. //shrugs.

Your "pay or write your own" has a strong smell of the "if you don't like it leave the country" mentality.
    I agree with you, I do want to be clear that you are saying "mod" but really you mean extensions because mods should not be broken at all.

Having most of the work done for you already and just upkeeping an extension to work in new releases is not all that hard, so I really hope that Minty can get back to us to see if it can be taken over.

While what LordEntrails is saying is sorta true for me, if I had to play FGU without extensions, I would move to another VTT in a heartbeat.

Thread Information