STAR TREK 2d20
Page 47 of 53 First ... 374546474849 ... Last
    A couple first steps to check because these are easy to overlook and/or miss.

First does the DM own the extension? They are the ones that must own it.

Second: Is it selected in the extension list on the campaign. Even if you own the extension it has to selected to be included in the campaign.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel0307 View Post
    Noob question here. Our Circle of The Moon Druid 2nd level is not allowed to wild shape do CR 1 creatures.
    That's correct. As the extension is explaining in the Chat, a Level 2 Druid can only WS into beasts that are CR 1/4 or less. DWSI enforces the rules on Wild Shaping.

Take a gander at the WS rules (Under Druid Class) in the Players Handbook or Xanathar's. I suspect they're in the Basic Rules ruleset too.

To eliminate rules enforcement and WS anything into anything there is an Option toward the bottom of the Options Manager (little gear in the upper right corner of the FG tabletop).

Hi Minty,

First of all, I love the extension.

I was wondering if you ever saw my PM I sent you a few weeks back as I have had no response to it. I would appreciate a reply to my query.

New update seems to have broken something. With DWS extension enabled all image files seem broken - everything is totally fine with extension turned off.....

Any idea what's going on?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwi View Post
    New update seems to have broken something. With DWS extension enabled all image files seem broken - everything is totally fine with extension turned off.....

Any idea what's going on?
    “Broken”, please be more specific? Broken in what way? Won’t load? Won’t display?
    And what images? Maps? Tokens? Portraits? “All” is a little too inclusive…

[EDIT]
    I just loaded up FG dropped a map, a Druid and a brown bear in there. The portrait and token on the character sheet, the token in the combat tracker and on the map all Wild Shaped and reverted from Wild Shape as expected. So I need more info, more specificity, please…
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; February 26th, 2023 at 21:24.

When I go to my images tab - all of the categories are either empty or list one image but the icon isn't next to it and it's won't be selectable. I get a masterindexitem......window.lua error message. This only occurs when I have DWS enabled.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwi View Post
    When I go to my images tab - all of the categories are either empty or list one image but the icon isn't next to it and it's won't be selectable. I get a masterindexitem......window.lua error message. This only occurs when I have DWS enabled.
    I am not observing the behavior you mention. Here is a screenshot of my Images Recordset.
    Untitled.png
    I have DWSI and several other extensions running. The image listing is not messed up for me.

Niwi, if I can't reproduce the error you're observing, I can't fix it. So, to help you get rid of it I need help from you. Please provide the following.

First
    Please provide the complete text of the masterindexitem error message.
    You don't need to type it out. You can screen copy it and attach the screen shot.
    But please be sure to crop the image so that it's readable on my end, meaning not a whole OS window screen shot. The console message in a whole Windows desktop screenshot is usually too small to read on my end if you do that. I need a "close up" (using image cropping).
    Or you can use the compile logs button on the console, and retrieve a copy of the message from the console.log file that FG will put in the fgu_logs_...zip file, typically on your Windows desktop.

Second
    Just by chance, are you using my Field Filters for All Libraries (FFAL) extension also? masterindex and associated files are extensively manipulated by that extension. It had problems and was just updated yesterday in the Forge.

Third
    Also, is DWSI the ONLY extension you have loaded? Please make sure it is. Don't load any other extensions, just DWSI. Do you still get the error? If not it might be some sort of extension interplay - one extension interacting with another. Restart FG and only load DWSI. Still get the error?

Same error with only DWS loaded. I do not have/use FFAL. DWS.png

I can send you the full log set if needed.

Same error with only DWS loaded. I do not have/use FFAL. DWS.png

I can send you the full log set if needed.

Blog Entries
    @Niwi

[EDIT] Niwi hold on, I thought of something else we can try first.
    More details to follow.....

Okay. Aargh. I have no idea. That particular error doesn't make sense to me, from a DWSI standpoint. But let's see if we can figure out what the problem is anyway.

That is quite a few modules you're loading. I suspect DWSI doesn't like the data in one or more of them. Let's see if we can narrow it down to the specific module or modules and then maybe the specific record or records, i.e. the specific image or images.

First things first. Let's start with a clean slate.
    Bring up Fantasy Grounds, and Check for Updates to ensure FG isn't working with any old data.
    Then Create a new 5E Campaign with Druid Wild Shapes Implementor (DWSI) as the only extension you'll be using.

With no modules loaded and DWSI as the only extension loaded, was an error thrown?
    (If yes, we have something, else at work here, let me know...)

But if not, if no error was thrown, let's look at the console anyway.
    Type "/console" (without the quotation marks) into the input area of the Chat Box.
    (You might be doing this a lot, so I'd consider adding a hot key to the console, by dragging the /console that you type into the Chat, on to one of the Hot Keys at the bottom of FG table top.)
    If you added a hot key, click on the /console hot key and the console should come up.
    (If you didn't add a hot Key, after typing "/console" hit Enter, and the console should come up.)
    Scroll to the bottom of the Console.
    Is there an error message? how about that template warning, that's shown in your screen shot, is that displayed?

Now load your modules, one at a time.
    After loading one and only one module, close the module Selection dialog window and open the Images Recordset Library dialog.
    Was an error thrown? Did the console come up with an error displayed?

If no error message was displayed, bring up the console anyway, just like above, to double check, for warnings or errors.

If you have no errors, close the Console, close the Images window, open Modules and load your next module.
    Continue with this until you find the module that throws the error.

Once you've found a module that throws an error,
    let's ensure it is just one module and not an interplay between multiple modules.
    Unload all the other modules, but leave the suspect module loaded.
    Close down FG.
    And then bring it back up. The suspect module and DWSI should be the only components loaded.
    Did you get the error?

If so great, if not you'll need to find the two modules that work in conjunction to throw the error.
    Do this by leaving the suspect module loaded and repeating the "load one (other) module at a time" process.

Once you have you suspect module (or modules), then look at the data records.

First look at some of the other recordsets, like Items, Story, Spells, whatever...
    Are they messed up too? Or is it just the Images?

Assuming it's just the images... Take a look at each one, just quickly.
    Open it, does it open properly, display an actual image, not blank, not corrupted? Just a nice looking image?

Let me know what you find out.

I realize this is a lot of work. I can't do it for you. I'm not getting the error. In order to fix it I have to be able to repeat it.
    I have loaded every module I have, to try to get erroneous behavior. I have 58+ pages of images and no errors.
    All my stuff is either Wizards of the Coast, some DMs Guild stuff and a little bit of imported PDF material from DMs Guild.
    No small company content to speak of.

No real homebrew either.

If you were unable to find a suspect module given all the work above,
    Just by chance, do you have homebrew, or even just modified (edited) content in the campaign you've experienced the error in?
    That might be the culprit.

Good luck, keep me apprised. Thanks for using or at least trying to use the extension.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; February 28th, 2023 at 14:25.

Thread Information