FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 53 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    There is an extension on the DM Guild called Critically Awesome Essentials. Covers Wild Shape and Moon Druid Wild Shape too.
    I did not know this... I wonder why it wasn’t posted here in the forums. It would have saved me some time.

Maybe because its not free?

Blog Entries
    Announcing an update (v0.0.5) to the Druid Wild Shapes Implementor extension (DWSI).

This version supports the four Elemental Wild Shapes available to Circle of the Moon Druids, level 10 and higher. (The four and only four additional NPCs allowed are: air, earth, fire and water elementals.)

The extension will not allow wild shaping into a NPC that is not of type beast or one of those elementals. The extension does not do level checking (e.g. you could wild shape into a fire elemental at level 5). The extension does not do Circle checking, i.e. a Circle of the Land or Circle of Spoors (Unearthed Arcana) could wild shape into an elemental. This is left up to the honesty of the player and responsibility of the DM to ensure the PC is of the proper Circle and Level.

These four elementals have damage resistances, immunities, vulnerabilities and condition immunities. These "traits" are handled as Effects in the Combat Tracker. DWSI sets up a "Combat Effects" Power on the Actions tab of the character sheet, as it does with all other traits and actions. An Effect is attached to the power allowing the player to apply all the appropriate resistances, immunities and vulnerabilities using a single Effect button. I did not auto apply the effect during Wild Shaping. No other character effects are handled that way and so I remained consistent with other Fantasy Grounds functionality. All of this is displayed in the following screenshot.
    Untitled1.png

Note that the effect is set up to apply to "Self" so the user needn't drag the effect, just clicking the button will suffice. As with all Effects the DM will have to remove the effects from the player in the Combat Tracker when the player reverts his character back to a Druid.

(More information in the following post about Token swapping!)

If you have any questions or problems please let me know. Thanks for using the extension.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; January 7th, 2019 at 23:49.

Blog Entries
    The latest release, v0.0.5, of the Druid Wild Shapes Implementor extension marginally supports token swapping. The token of the beast or elemental is substituted for the Druid's token in the character sheet, the Combat Tracker and any maps containing the character's token linked to the Combat Tracker.

But only if the DM Wild Shapes the Druid. If the player Wild Shapes her/his character only the token on the character sheet is swapped. [Edit]This has been fixed (see post 36).

I apologize for this "almost getting it right". I thought I had it all ready to go. I had thoroughly tested it in the DM instance only. Just as I was about to post version v0.0.5 I thought about ensuring all functionality worked in the player's instance of FG also. I learned that it does not.

I know what the issue is, The player owns their instance of their character sheet, but the DM owns the Combat Tracker. When the player interacts with the Combat Tracker, "requests" are sent from the player instance to the GM instance of FG, The GM instance then processes the request and any results are reported back to the players. (A simple example is an attack roll.)

So in this case, the player's instance can swap out the token in the character sheet but not in the combat tracker. I'll have to code the request "conversation" between instances.

To show you what it looks like, here is are some screenshots. When the DM drags the NPC on to the player's character sheet, the appropriate tokens in the character sheet, the Combat Tracker and the map are updated with the NPC's token. On revert, they are swapped back to their original images.

This screenshot shows the tokens as they appear before Wild Shaping.
    Untitled2.png

And this screenshot shows the tokens after the Druid has Wild Shaped to an Air Elemental.
    Untitled3.png

To reiterate: For this to work properly the DM must do the NPC dragging to effect Wild Shape. The DM should also perform the revert. (Oops, I just thought of something. I don't know what happens with auto revert, when temp HP go to zero.)

Again, I really apologize for my shortcomings here. I wanted to get this ready for my DM since we're playing tonight and evidently rushed my release.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; January 9th, 2019 at 21:54.

Dude, no need for apologies. Incremental improvement is good

Blog Entries
    Announcing release of the Druid Wild Shapes Implementor extension (DWSI) version 0.0.6. This version remedies the issue mentioned in post 34 above. Tokens are now swapped from the Druid's token to the Wild Shape NPC's token when the player Wild Shape's his/her character. The tokens in the character sheet, combat tracker and linked tokens on maps, in all instances (GM and all players) are properly substituted. Token scaling and reach are also supported (the maps must have scaling grids).

Thanks for your patience. If you observe issues please let me know.
    And thanks for using this extension.

One again great mod and love seeing the token changing.

One last idea I had was what about either having your own option in the settings or using the existing setting for NPC hit point IE Standard, Random or Max. I use the random option to roll for all NPC hp when added to tracker and love to see the animal form hp be random when the player wild shapes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirsterhall View Post
    One last idea I had was what about either having your own option in the settings or using the existing setting for NPC hit point IE Standard, Random or Max. I use the random option to roll for all NPC hp when added to tracker and love to see the animal form hp be random when the player wild shapes.
    I can do that.

As a player though, I would like to roll the dice myself. (I know, I know.. the argument, about either way the computer is really rolling the dice, not me.. But I like it to”feel” like I did it.) if the player wants to roll, they can, then just modify the TMP HP accordingly.

But I’ll still put your suggestion in the queue.

Hands down probably the greatest .ext made for 5e FG. Thank you for making it.
    Ultimate License Holder: Anyone can join my games, you only need the Demo.
    Timezone: US Eastern Standard Time (-4 UTC)
    Currently Running: 5E [D&D] - Homebrew - Saturday Nights, 6pm-10pm Central

I am always looking for a group to join PM me

The Alari Adventure's Guild come JOIN(Discord) us

My Forge Profile:Check out what I have.

Thread Information