FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 53 First 12341252 ... Last
    Man FG really needed something like this. Downloading and testing now.

I looked at the barbarian problem a bit more and its not due to the animal forms being str based it's do to them not being flagged as melee attacks. FYI the barbarian effect that is causing the issue is the following

Rage;ADVCHK:strength;ADVSAV:strength;DMG:2,melee;R ESIST:bludgeoning,slashing,piercing

Notice the "DMG: 2, melee;" it only triggers on melee weapon attacks but for some reason the animal form attacks aren't being considered melee attacks so the +2 damage isn't being added.

As a quick work around I can remove the melee restriction to the effect for rage for this char.

All attacks that are melee attacks are treated as melee attacks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

That's for an NPC. This extension is morphing the PC char sheet and placing the animal attacks into spells, see the attachments on the 1st post.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsterhall View Post
    That's for an NPC. This extension is morphing the PC char sheet and placing the animal attacks into spells, see the attachments on the 1st post.
    I see. That's going to cause a few issues similar to the one you have discovered then.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Just wanted to say I'm not knocking the extension...I'm loving it actually just hoping to help fix any possible issues with it.

Blog Entries
    I rely on the FG Spell parser when the traits and actions are added from the beast to the Druid. If the actions are not marked as melee in the animal then the parser would not catch that. I’ll investigate it more. Thanks, and great troubleshooting.

As Zacchaeus pointed out they are melee for the NPC animal however being added to Actions area they are seen as Spell-cantrip. I think the only way to make it see them as true melee attacks would be adding them to the weapons section of the PC sheet which I know would make them much more difficult to manage by the addon. This addon is already making druid wild shape so much nicer it may not be worth it just for the barbarian multiclass.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirsterhall View Post
    As Zacchaeus pointed out they are melee for the NPC animal however being added to Actions area they are seen as Spell-cantrip. I think the only way to make it see them as true melee attacks would be adding them to the weapons section of the PC sheet which I know would make them much more difficult to manage by the addon. This addon is already making druid wild shape so much nicer it may not be worth it just for the barbarian multiclass.
    Having them in their own Power Group makes housekeeping really easy. Sticking them into Weapons introduces an addition level of complication (for removal on revert). I am looking into this. Possibly I can just add "Melee" to the action as I add them to the power group. I might also need to visit the ability used for applying the actions in the new power group. As you say, they typically adopt the mage's spellcasting ability (Wisdom or Intelligence). Maybe I can override with Strength and fix the whole thing.

As an aside, I was discussing this with my DM... He asked, "Can a wild shape rage?" So we went looking. Jeremy Crawford (Wizards of the Coast, Sage Advice sage) says, "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    As an aside, I was discussing this with my DM... He asked, "Can a wild shape rage?" So we went looking. Jeremy Crawford (Wizards of the Coast, Sage Advice sage) says, "Yes".
    Ya I went through the same thing when my player wanted to do a raging bear build and found not only can the wild shape rage but a raging barbarian can wild shape, it's not a spell.

Thread Information