DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 53 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    So, i have this extension as a DM and my player druid have it. But, when players connect to me, they cant choose any extensions to load (they can choose extensions to load only in "manage characters" mode. they have demo-versions, i have ultimate). So when druid player drag beast to his players sheet he got message, that he doesnt have right extension. And me as a DM need to drag beast to his sheet and revert him back to normal form. What we doing incorrect or its normal to work like that?

Sorry for my english

Hi Crabgire welcome to FG.

Only the DM can load extensions. I haven’t used this one but from reading how it works it would be the DM who does the dragging of the NPC into the player’s sheet since only the DM would have access to the NPCs.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Crabgore, as Zacchaeus says, only the DM chooses which extensions are loaded. But alas, the Sage is only partly correct with regard to who can cause Wild Shaping. Either the DM can do Wild Shaping or if the DM shares NPCs with the player, then the player can do the Wild Shaping. Since you the DM can Wild Shape the player’s character, but he/she cannot, either you have not shared any NPCs with the player or your player is not dragging/dropping the shared NPC on the correct area of the character sheet. He/she must drop the NPC on the area close to the character’s name. If they drop the NPC on the portrait or token the character will not Wild Shape. Please carefully read posts #2, #3 & #5 of this thread for more information on using this extension. If you continue to have issues please let me know.

Thank you for the information! I will try to share the NPC to the druid player and check the area where he drop the NPC.

Hey Minty, my DM just loaded up this extension and it is amazing. The only issue we are having with it is this:

Script Error: [string "portrait"]:1: setPrototype: Invalid parameter

We get that error every time I (or the DM) wild shapes my character. We can click out of it and I still get the correct stats and skills and all, but that error pops up and my token doesn't seem to size correctly. Any ideas? This is the only extension we are using currently.

Blog Entries
    Yes. Do not drop the beast link on the portrait! Drop it on or around the PC’s name. (See instructions and discussions elsewhere in this thread.)
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; June 13th, 2019 at 15:10.

How do I share npc's with my players? the times I remember trying the normal right click --> Share routine that I do with maps and images there isn't a share button in the wheel.
    Discord for my Games: https://discord.gg/4xD6AKu
    My Current Campaigns: Lilly's Dumpster Fire of Doom & A Lazy Sunday with Lilly
    If you want to help me out with subscriptions/mods/resources you can donate to my Paypal.me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly Fireblade View Post
    How do I share npc's with my players? the times I remember trying the normal right click --> Share routine that I do with maps and images there isn't a share button in the wheel.
    Drag it to the PC portrait in the top left corner of FG.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    How do I share npc's with my players?
    Hi again Lilly.

The current process must be done in session or at least with the player connected (before or after session). Drag the NPCs that you wish to share on to the player's portrait (upper left corner of the DM's Fantasy Grounds desktop). This will share the NPC. The NPC is shared but still owned by the DM, so it is not editable by the player, e.g. the player can't change the token, the DM still has to do that.

The process mentioned is not very flexible. I have a version of my extension that I have been playing for a few months now that has more flexibility (at least in my mind it does). I have to rebuild it, post it and provide explanations. It will take me a few hours to get all that done.

([EDIT] Oops. Sorry LordEntrails I didn't see your post as I was droning on with this one.)
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; June 13th, 2019 at 17:34.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Drag it to the PC portrait in the top left corner of FG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Hi again Lilly.

The current process must be done in session or at least with the player connected (before or after session). Drag the NPCs that you wish to share on to the player's portrait (upper left corner of the DM's Fantasy Grounds desktop). This will share the NPC. The NPC is shared but still owned by the DM, so it is not editable by the player, e.g. the player can't change the token, the DM still has to do that.

The process mentioned is not very flexible. I have a version of my extension that I have been playing for a few months now that has more flexibility (at least in my mind it does). I have to rebuild it, post it and provide explanations. It will take me a few hours to get all that done.

([EDIT] Oops. Sorry LordEntrails I didn't see your post as I was droning on with this one.)
    My solution is to have a bestiary module I made with my own tokens that I have available for players to load. I copied the NPC beasts from various sources into a new group, I edited them to add my tokens, then exported the module and made it available to players to load.

Then, in game, they have the bestiary module loaded, so they can simply click on it and find the appropriate NPC so I don't have to share them individually, etc. It's some work up front, finding and making tokens, but it's worth it in the long run and makes it easier for players and myself.

Thread Information