STAR TREK 2d20
Page 30 of 53 First ... 20282930313240 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    …"sporadic" or "intermittent"... Aargh! the bane of all developers and users alike. I can't get it to repeat the issue you're reporting.

What other extensions are you using? (especially those that might affect the map or combat tracker, but a complete list please)
    I'm stretching here... What's the level of the druid? How many players in the campaign? More than one Druid?
    When the issue occurs... Has it happened more than just once? What are the positions of the other tokens? Very near the Druid? On top of or in the same space as the Druid? Sizes of the other tokens (large NPCs and PCs? small? mixed?) On multiple layers?
    None of this makes sense to me as to be contributing factors, I just need more data. If it happened every time it would be easy for me to repeat and fix. But if I can't see it happen (consistently) I can't fix it. I'm sorry but I need those extenuating circumstances.

[EDIT] A few other things. How many rounds of combat? Was the Druid wild shaped over many sessions? Anything that you can think of that would be different between when the extensions misbehaves and when it act appropriately might be relevant.

Yeah I knew when I reported it, it would be an issue as it was only happening sporadically for us as well! This has since not been an issue and I think I know why. At the time I had created my own copies of the 5e mm basic creatures so that I could update them with an icon instead of the letter in a circle. These entries in the NPC records had no "accompanying module" so I could not share them with the player and they were bugging out and kicking up some errors for him, very hit or miss as well. I am guessing it had something to do with that, as when I realize/believed it was an issue with the npc records, I had him only use official records (not just copies with new icons) and he stopped having both issues. As of today I retested this trying to get the error on the basic mm records and I could not. So it is working as intended. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this, I just saw your reply yesterday as I am not on these forms much and researching for a move to FGU.

As for current extensions in FGC, I am only using your druid shapes ext, Player Agency and 5e random treasure generator. (I'm expecting to only use agency and Druid Shape in FGU if possible once we move over).

Level of the single druid at the time of the issues was lvl 2 and lvl 3, in a 5 player game. It was happening more than once, was a problem with the brown or black bear form if I remember, when he would revert his green aura under is player token would remain 2x2 even though the icon was 1 square. Other token's position did not seem to matter, no one was on him and it was happening even when he was solo on a testing map, though there was the whole group in the combat tracker.

Single layer map. Combat rounds on the tracker ? I forget but was most likely less than 10-12 based on what they had done to that point following their last rest. He was in and out of giant spider and bear forms during about 4 sessions with maybe a long and a short rest. During this time my extensions did not change.

Hope this helps if you want to follow it up, but as I said it seems corrected and no longer an issue.

Thanks again for all your work. This extension is really amazing and making our game really fantastic in the ease and control the player has over himself. So we definitely owe you a few rounds if you ever find yourself downunder in Brisbane after travel bans are finished and it's safe once again. Cheers.

We just had a very interesting result where this extension really shone out so I thought I'd share.

The multiclass 5th level rogue/5th lvl fighter was killed by a vampire type creature and the party was unable to reach him in time to save the hero from death. After his 3rd failed save he died and d4 hours later came back as a shadow.

We are about to begin the final series of battles to finish out the campaign and it seemed somewhat pointless to create a new toon

So we gave him a level of druid.
    I unlocked our version of shadow to change it from undead to beast
    Then did the druid shape change magic that really makes this extension rock.

Voila, "Anadi" became a PC shadow !

Now he is sneaking around a tomb where many of the creatures don't consider him a threat

Awesomeness
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Blog Entries
    @donpaulo - Thank you for sharing. I’ve seen a lot more complaints than kudos lately. It’s nice to hear something positive. I’m glad to hear that with your ingenuity and work-arounds the extension helped you and your players in your campaign. Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    @GBE300 - thank you for getting back to me. Your very thorough explanation should help me. The fact that you had problems with copied NPCs but not “standard-issue” NPCs concerns me. I don’t understand why this would be an issue. But it does give me something to work with. What immediately comes to mind is the tokens or pogs that you were using. I think the standard token size is 64x64 pixels. Maybe, if the tokens you were using were not of the proper size, were not shared, or for some other reason were not available to the player, that might cause issue. (Or maybe you accidentally used a NPC that had no token.) some experimenting on my part is in order now. Happy gaming!

[EDIT] If only one NPC had a problematic token the intermittent behavior you were seeing would most certainly be exhibited. The only time the extension would throw the errors would be when your player’s PC shape shifted into that specific NPC.
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; September 12th, 2020 at 16:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    @donpaulo - Thank you for sharing. I’ve seen a lot more complaints than kudos lately. It’s nice to hear something positive. I’m glad to hear that with your ingenuity and work-arounds the extension helped you and your players in your campaign. Thanks again.
    You are most welcome
    yours and theogeeks crit are my 2 favorites ~!
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Can I just remove the check to see if the PC is a druid? I want to use this extension for polymorph and warlock's sculptor of flesh. For druids it works so well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghen View Post
    Can I just remove the check to see if the PC is a druid?
    There are no “options” for doing so. If you’re asking if you may do it programmatically - of course you can. Copyright doesn’t prevent you from doing that, solely for your own use. You just cannot repost or redistribute the modified result.

An alternative, you might try, is to add a zero level Druid. This just popped into my head so I haven’t tried it, it’s just a theory. “Multiclass” your character. Export a copy of your wizard so you have a backup of it. Don’t drop the Druid class on your character sheet - that will add all the features of the Druid to the character sheet. Instead, on the character sheet’s dialog that manages your PC’s class and level add a blank class and name it Druid. You might need to add some class levels to the Druid, which would change the overall level of your PC, so this might not be a viable solution.

Good Day ghen
    See post #250 on page 25 to see how to do what Minty23185Fresh is suggesting.
    (I know there is a way to link a specific post, but I do not know how to do it, sorry!)

Thank you both for the tips =) It seems like proficiency is determined by overall level, so if I manually edit Druid level 100 it adjusts proficiency linked items regardless. Druid 0 doesn't work because the extension checks druid level, even with "Circle Forms" listed on abilities.
    So next it's editing the extension. Thanks again.

DWS_manager_wildshapes.lua
    edit: LOL that was a failure. I'd have to actually write the code correctly.

There isn't just a few disparate checks for druid, it's all entwined. I tried just setting druid level checks to < 0, but that breaks too many other checks. I tried having it not call the validation functions, but those are what load the character stats that get edited later too.

Next I was going to start adding in a local sClass_Warlock but then I realized I was starting to actually program and quit

So I'd like a feature request to
    1) implement polymorph full rules
    2) implement sculptor of flesh check
    3) add FG options to treat either polymorph or sculptor of flesh like wildshape for the stat change arithmetic as variant rules.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk
    Last edited by ghen; September 19th, 2020 at 18:06.

Sorry too lazy to read through 30 pages to see if this has been brought up before but I found a bug. According to Sage Advice a multiclass Druid / Monk or Druid / Barbarian can use the higher of monster AC or appropriate unarmed AC calculation.

For a monk it would be 10 + (monsters Dex) + (PC's Wis) . I tried this and it doesn't do this. Using a Giant Spider AC still shows as AC 14 but it should be AC 17 in my case.

Any chance this can be fixed?

Thread Information