5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 27 of 53 First ... 17252627282937 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I have no interest in chasing this down in Unity. I am not a Unity user yet.

But what I can do is disable the token switching on the map. Comments?
    Last edited by Minty23185Fresh; July 5th, 2020 at 23:57.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Depending on how this extension works when you shapeshift you are effectively removing the existing character (so losing LoS) and placing a new one on the map (so gaining local LoS).
    Thank you Zacchaeus. As always, very astute of you. This leads me down a path of least time taken from my schedule to effect a solution.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

I changed line 253 of DWS_manager_wildshapes.lua from:
    Code:
    return CombatManager.replaceCombatantToken(nodeCharInCT, nil);
    to simply
    Code:
    return
    In my one off testing, it did *not* lose LOS history. So that would be my vote for unity at the moment.

(Off topic, I wish I could find the doc for CombatManager to see what other functions we could call instead.)

Blog Entries
    K then. You’ve essentially pretested for me. I’ll make the change and release a FGU only version.

Blog Entries
    Duplicate

Blog Entries
    @Minty23185Fresh,
    I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content. Thanks for your contribution and for considering adding a licensing statement to your original post

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I have licensing statements in every code/script file in my extensions, but adding licensing statement in the thread makes sense. Thanks LordEntrails

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    I have licensing statements in every code/script file in my extensions, but adding licensing statement in the thread makes sense. Thanks LordEntrails
    Thank you (I only checked the text of the thread, oviously!)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This might be a bit of a longshot, but I'm intending to play a Monk/Druid multiclass, and my DM has agreed to allow me to calculate Wildshaped AC as the highest of (10+Natural Armour+DEX[Beast]) or (10+WIS[Druid/Monk]+DEX[Beast]).

(I'm aware that this is almost certainly not the intended functionality of this interaction https://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/06/01...ed-druid-monk/.)

I'm not expecting you to add an option to the extension just for this house-rule, but I was wondering if there was an easy way to modify the extension so that AC is automatically calculated in this way? I took a look at the scripts in the extension, but don't have any prior understanding of the syntax so I can't really do this myself (yet).

Currently, I've made a work-around which is a group of beast NPCs with modified AC (literally just modifying the value on the sheet), but this then means that the list of known forms can't simply be exported as part of the character - links to modified NPCs revert to empty sheets when exported as part of the character sheet. I've 'fixed' this by exporting the group as a module, so we can still use the extension by dragging from that group, but it would be nice to have the list on the character sheet.

If there's something obvious I've missed (like a way to fix the list of modified beasts so it appears on the character sheet when exported) so that there's no need to modify the extension, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know - I'm very new to Fantasy Grounds.

Thanks in advance - I must say that the extension seems to work perfectly.

Edit: The Sage Advice post above actually could be read in favour OR against this interpretation, but the sage advice segment of this podcast (at ~27-29 minutes) https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/fea...hanced-edition seems to suggest you should pick whichever AC is higher of the Druid/Monk normally (i.e. 10+DEX[Druid/Monk]+WIS) or of the beast (i.e. 10+Natural armour+DEX[Beast]).
    Last edited by Poisonburger; July 7th, 2020 at 10:35. Reason: clarification

Blog Entries
    @Poisonburger At this point, it appears as though you have a functioning, although unpalatable, work around for this "house rule". I'll look into this in the future, but I'm pretty sure that won't be in timely manner to meet your playing schedule, I have far too many other items on my plate at this time.

Thread Information