DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 39 of 53 First ... 29373839404149 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I will be releasing a new version of the Druid Wild Shapes Implementor extension (DWSI) in the next couple days. I have submitted it to the Forge. As soon as it’s approved I’ll post it.

Finally I have a fix for the issue originally reported by Niwi, see posts #360-368, where DWSI was displaying an incorrect AC value in the player’s instance of Fantasy Grounds.

After much work, I can only believe that the problem is a result of timing issues. As the extension changes the Druid’s stats to those of the Wild Shape beast, many fields have to be manipulated. Some of the fields are composites, calculated, using various other fields. For the Armor Class, AC, there are about 1/2 dozen contributing fields (armor, shield, dexterity modifier, etc.) as those field values are manipulated, the user interface is asynchronously updated, meaning, for example, DWSI might change the armor value, followed by the shield value, followed by the dexterity value, … However because of asynchronicity, the change of the dex, might be reflected in the user interface before the others. It’s an uncontrolled situation that in this case can cause the final displayed value to be incorrect.

What this version does is, after all of the stats have been modified, and the extension’s Wild Shape routines are about to end, the “most important” stat, in this case the ability scores, are “tickled”. They're bumped up by 2 points, then decremented by 2 points. (The number 2 was chosen to ensure the ability bonus was affected.) Changes to the ability scores in this manner trickles down to many of the other affected stats, like AC and the Skills, refreshing each of their displayed values. For the user, the “tickling” of the ability scores, and their display, occurs so quickly, that they should be unnoticeable. Unless the display is wrong, as Niwi reported. In that case the correction of the user interface is observable as a cycling from the wrong value to the correct value.

A note to myself: while chasing down an effective, though somewhat unpalatable, fix for this problem, I noticed, just once or twice, a similar, incorrectly displayed value for the Perception Skill. The methodology developed to fix the AC, should also fix the Perception problem as well.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Awesome work - thanks man!

Just a heads up Minty; if you don't know already, but this extension fails badly in the current TEST build.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Aargh!
    Thanks Zacchaeus.
    I usually don’t chase the “test” versions any more.

I did a few times, and it was fruitless. I’d modify my extensions to meet test, then test would change, modify extensions, rinse and repeat…

One time, after the test went live, I had to revert all the way back to the extension version of the prior live release. i.e. no modification of my extension was needed between the live versions.

Again, thanks though.

Is it possible to use this extention for AD&D 2E?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amanwing View Post
    Is it possible to use this extention for AD&D 2E?
    I would bet not. This extension manipulates specifically named fields in the DB (DB.xml file). Unless the fields necessary to effect Wild Shape both exist and are named the same in 2E as those in 5E, the extension won’t function properly. At best, it might function halfway, at worst it could wreck your PC and or crash FG. If you decide to give it a go, be sure to back up your PC.

You have probably already found out form other channels. But, the latest FGU update broke your extension.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike
    Official Grey Beard
    1. I actually have a grey beard
    2. I have been playing RPGs since 1978.

I also am having an error now. It worked for me once but now it keeps giving me this error. DWSI Error.PNG I have no other extensions enabled. I did have move dice enabled but disabled it to check to see if it was interfering.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathtp63 View Post
    I also am having an error now. It worked for me once but now it keeps giving me this error. DWSI Error.PNG I have no other extensions enabled. I did have move dice enabled but disabled it to check to see if it was interfering.
    I just want to confirm that I had the same error posted in that screenshot.

[7/17/2022 2:29:24 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "DWS/campaign/scripts/DWS_manager_wildshapes..."]:383: attempt to call field 'resolveRefNode' (a nil value)
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

Thread Information