STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 26 First ... 81617181920 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppyseed View Post
    Euric charging in on his horse saved Beldan from being killed, along with a well-placed arrow from Nemir, and the two hobgoblins drop Beldan.
    Yes indeed. Swift action under pressure saved Beldan, and the difference between heroism and tragedy was as slim as a sword’s edge.

Was it courage displayed by the dwarf in making his stand? Rashness? A display of virtue? Or hatred?

When is our next game? I was confused last game, and am free on Sunday, March 1, 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolarhyde View Post
    When is our next game? I was confused last game, and am free on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
    Yes that’s the right day. I just posted a day and time here:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=3500

The companions travel onward the following day, with Leaf Sole sneaking glances towards Achernar's sister, Astrid, which goes completely unnoticed by Achernar as Nemir asks him about healing herbs. The hobgoblins attack again the next night, having tracked them to their new campsite but Nemir dispatches two quickly and easily - shooting one in the throat and plunging her blade through the other. Beldan is slightly annoyed at not being able to fight but Achernar realises that they were the same hobgoblins and shares this information. Leaf Sole, Beli, Achernar, Euric, and Nemir chase after the third hobgoblin, which had escaped when it saw the other two die, and Leaf Sole, Nemir, and Euric kill it. Beli got injured during the chase, which he tried to convince Nemir was because of a bear but revealed to Beldan that he slipped. Nemir, though exasperated, still hovers around him worriedly until his wound is treated.

They carry on their journey but along the way, the ponies get spooked the ponies get spooked by high winds. Euric and Nemir work together to calm them, with Euric calling on his knowledge of horses and Nemir using her elven magic to sing and soothe the horses. Achernar notices Nemir soothing the animals and questions whether her apparent affinity with animals was something she was born with. She explains that she started learning how after the company’s encounter with the elven sentinels but she’s found it comes naturally to her. They share a joke but Nemir reveals to Achernar that her home is starting to suffer from the shadow and she can feel it, creating a moment of companionship as she references back to what they saw on their previous journey. Achernar asks if she and others with her connection to nature could help Dale and Laketown and she agrees to try. The company are caught out in a rain storm and Nemir spends a night struggling to get warm.

During the next day, they encounter a family travelling on the road with cows, to which Achernar asks Nemir if she can ask the cows whether there was any danger. Feeling self-conscious about the idea of walking up to the family to talk to their cows, she lies and tells him her abilities don't quite work that way, when in reality, she's not sure. Her abilities were new to her and it might only have been very difficult. The company warn the family about the hobgoblins and trouble that they encountered and the family tell the companions that the Beorning warrior patrols are increasing in response to the danger. The father of the family gifts them with some milk and cheese as they part, thanks to Achernar proposing business deals to them for when he returns to Dale.

I like how Achernar is oblivious to his sister drawing the interest of others in the caravan. Good stuff.

Lots of journeying hazards this time, shaped by many Eyes of Sauron rolled by players and LM alike.

This group of Companions is developing a very nice sense of authentic companionship. Looking forward to our next session!

Sorry, but I won’t be able to make it this Sunday.

A quick comment on this campaign: at this stage we are fully playing The Darkening of Mirkwood. The more I delve into the material, the more I am drawn into it. NB: The rules and this campaign emulate Pendragon in a number of ways, and this makes me love it even more.

Players, we should draw out your personal storylines and give them center stage by investing more time in the Fellowship Phase, I think. The rules on Holdings make for a fun personal plot that will rise and fall with the fortunes of the region and could tie you into the main action. So far Achernar and Euric has been moving towards getting personal holdings (a house in Dale; a farm in Beorning territory), and more Companions might explore this.

Brainstorms to provide examples:
    • Would Beli open his own mining seam in the Grey Mountains, or get enough standing to do the same in the Lonely Mountain?
    • Would Beldan open his own forge or better yet have a commanding post at a Wardens watchtower somewhere?
    • Would Nemir open her own scribe service or look after a Lord's library somewhere?
    • Would Leaf Sole want to get married or have a timber lot or a hunting range of his own?

You can also pursue other long term personal plot lines such as declaring an heir. Or decline this entirely if your character has wanderlust or something that drives you away from home.

I might be able to make it as things turn out, I'm not 100% sure though. Also, it looks like the game isn't starting until 7 central time? Is that just some daylight savings time confusion? Do we still start at 6 central time?

You are right, the time change scrambled the intended time. Should be an hour earlier... but since we are so close to the starting time date, let’s leave the time as is. I will login early to be there in case players are logged in early as well

Quote Originally Posted by Dolarhyde View Post
    I might be able to make it as things turn out, I'm not 100% sure though. Also, it looks like the game isn't starting until 7 central time? Is that just some daylight savings time confusion? Do we still start at 6 central time?
    Dolaryhyde we are starting soon if you're able to join us...

Thread Information