STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Calendar Plus Extension

This extension modifies the Calendar window. In the lower right corner, next to the "All Logs" button is a new button that toggles between the calendar view and a new timeline view:

ss1.jpg

In the timeline view, all of the calendar log entries are displayed in chronological order in a scrollable list:

ss2.jpg

And the players can use this view as well:

ss3.jpg

Rulesets Currently Supported: CoreRPG, 3.5E, PFRPG, Cypher System, Numenera, The Strange, 4E, 5E, MoreCore, DORCore, Fate Core, PFRPG2

History:
    11/27/2018 0.1 Initial Beta
    11/28/2018 1.0 Official Release. See notes in post #3.
    11/29/2018 1.1 Add some guardrails in the code to hopefully prevent some script errors we were seeing last night.
    11/29/2018 1.2 Add sfrpg ruleset (Starfinder).
    2/23/2019 1.3 Fix edge case bug where multiple log entries for the same day could be created when the All Logs list window was open.
    5/11/2019 1.4 Fix bug in year comparison where it was using the year for the first item for both sides of the comparison.
    9/25/2020 1.5 Play nicer with other extensions, specifically Moon-Tracker, but it now overrides much less of the calendaring infra than before.
    10/30/2020 1.6 Remove all <ruleset> specifications from extensions.xml. NOTE: Still only works with CoreRPG-based rulesets!!!
    12/7/2020 1.7 Fixed updating of date headers for new timeline entries.[/B]
    12/16/2021 1.8 Compatibility fix for 4.1.12.[/B]
    06/16/2023 1.9 Compatibility fix for 4.4.0.[/B]

FGU users get it from The Forge.
    FGC users download: CalendarPlus.ext
    Last edited by darrenan; June 16th, 2023 at 17:00.

Man, I've been wanting a timeline forever. Can't wait to check it out.

v1.0 Official Release
    • Fixed first-time view scrolling bug.
    • Add launch message to chat window.
    • Verified it works with, and added support for: 4E, MoreCore, DORCore, Fate Core, PFRPG2.

I do not own BRP, Call of Cthulhu, Castles and Crusades, or Savage Worlds. If any of these rulesets are built on top of CoreRPG, you have my permission to crack open this extension, add the appropriate <ruleset> tag to extension.xml, and test for compatibility. I would only ask that you send the updated extension back to me so I can make it available here.

RolemasterClassic and Star Wars:Edge of the Empire are not built on top of CoreRPG and this extension will not work with those rulesets.

There is a weird bug using this extension with 4E. The first time you open the calendar you will see both views (calendar and timeline) rendered on top of each other. No other ruleset seems to exhibit this issue, and clicking the toggle button makes it go away. I'm not going to spend any effort trying to figure out the root cause of this issue since the workaround is so easy. As with the previous note, if you are familiar with the 4E ruleset and want to try to figure out why this happens, you have my permission and blessing. Again, just make sure the fixed extension makes its way back to me so I can share it here.

I added starfinder to it and it seems to work just fine.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

We were seeing script errors on the player side last night, so I added some guardrails in the code to hopefully prevent that. v1.1 is now in post #1.

@madman Can you paste the exact <ruleset> tag you added for Starfinder so I can add it to the extension? Another ruleset I don't own...

......sfrpg......my phone is fing with me all caps
    Last edited by madman; November 29th, 2018 at 19:45.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

v1.2 with Starfinder support added to post #1.

<ruleset>
    <name>SFRPG</name>
    </ruleset>

Sorry My phone would not let me do all caps

Madman..

oh, does it not work the way it is right now?

Thread Information