5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #21
    Has this been answered yet?
    Not sure if this is expected behavior since I don't have a player's license to test, but when I connect to my GM-licensed server with a guest-licensed client, the moon phases don't appear for the guest-client.
    I'm experiencing the same issue. The moons/phases do not appear on the clients.

  2. #22
    Hello, I was just checking in on whether this extension was still being maintained/if the incompatibility with CalenderPlus was still something that would be ironed out?

    Thanks for the extension, regardless of the answer, btw

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    5
    I just started using FG and I am transitioning my Forgotten Realms campaign over from Roll20. In my campaign moon phases are super important, so I was very glad to be shown this extension. It seems to be working well, though I do have a minor issue with the GUI, as you can see from my screenshot below. EDIT: Well, apparently I cannot figure out how to share a screen shot...Anyway, the text for the name of the moon(s), the phase, and the shift is all up in the "Moon Tracker Configuration" banner heading of the config window.


    Also, I found your updated FR calendar in the old thread that add in Shieldmeet, and it seems to be working fine as well and I am glad to have it.
    Last edited by Alexander Red; July 6th, 2020 at 23:25.

  4. #24
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    663
    Love this.
    One suggestion: full moon and new moon take up multiple days (like waning, waxing, etc) and should probably be only one.
    The weather apps I am familiar with extend the duration of the more general states like that and keep the specific ones the length of a single day.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  5. #25
    Confirmed, there is a bug in the code (somewhere...) causing the moon(s) to not be "public" (meaning: visible to players). I have not reviewed the code where this happens, but can provide a work around. Open the db.xml file from your campaign folder ...\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\<campaign name>\db.xml and locate your moons setting, e.g.:

    Code:
    	<moons>
    		<epochday type="number">0</epochday>
    		<epochyear type="number">0</epochyear>
    		<moonlist>
    			<id-00001>
    				<name type="string">Moon</name>
    				<period type="number">28</period>
    				<shift type="number">15</shift>
    			</id-00001>
    		</moonlist>
    	</moons>
    Now add "<public />" immediately before the the first entry in your moon list:

    Code:
    	<moons>
    		<epochday type="number">0</epochday>
    		<epochyear type="number">0</epochyear>
    		<moonlist>
    			<public />
    			<id-00001>
    				<name type="string">Moon</name>
    				<period type="number">28</period>
    				<shift type="number">15</shift>
    			</id-00001>
    		</moonlist>
    	</moons>
    Save, run the campaign - players can see the moon(s).

  6. #26
    I tried this fix, but there happens to be an issue.... The moon phases differ from server to client.

    This is Master's side
    Lune1.png

    And this is player's side
    Lune2.png

    Any idea of why could this happen?

  7. #27
    Can you please check if you have epochday or epochyear being set (see code above) to anything other than 0? If yes, I suspect that I missed to make those variables "public" as well. Please move the "<public />" entry *before* those variables:
    Code:
    <moons>
    		<public />
    		<epochday type="number">0</epochday>
    		<epochyear type="number">0</epochyear>
    		<moonlist>
    			<id-00001>
    				<public />
    				<name type="string">Moon</name>
    				<period type="number">28</period>
    				<shift type="number">15</shift>
    			</id-00001>
    		</moonlist>
    	</moons>
    Note: I found that after a session, the program now added a "<public />" entry, but inside the "<id-00001>" entry. I would say: leave it alone, the program might correct the placement by itself. I can see that other modules (e.g. calendar) also have additional "<public />" entries inside and outside their lists.
    Last edited by Arnagus; August 18th, 2020 at 13:31.

  8. #28
    At first it didn't work either.

    The I finally noticed I had put <pubic /> instead of <public />.

    Now it looks like it's working, thank you

  9. #29
    Glad that it works! If we now have someone looking into the actual code to fix this, that would be great... (@Andraax - are you still around?)

  10. #30
    mattekure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    924
    I havent seen any response from the author on this extension in some time. Try this version which works for me. I changed 2 lines in the manager_moon.lua file and players see it fine for me now.

    from:
    Code:
    	DB.createNode("moons");
    to:
    Code:
    	local nNode = DB.createNode("moons");
    	DB.setPublic(nNode, true);
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
FG Spreadshirt Swag

Log in

Log in