5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Arnagus' Expansion Extensions

I have been nudged by SilentRuin to publish my "expansion" extension(s) on the Forge. This thread collects feedback, bug reports, etc.

Note that the extensions expand functionality of other extensions - those extensions are a mandatory prerequisite and must be owned and enabled.
    Some of the prerequisites are paid-for extensions, and I am publishing mine with permission of their owner. Please do not chase them for issues with my extensions.

The following has been published (as of 2024-04-01):
    Forge Store
    Last edited by Arnagus; April 13th, 2024 at 14:52. Reason: More instructions for MapParcel expansion

Currently (15:03) they are not available, nothing shows under your profile.

I am interested in the Read Timer expansion for the Clock Adjuster.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    Currently (15:03) they are not available, nothing shows under your profile.

I am interested in the Read Timer expansion for the Clock Adjuster.
    It's still "pending review"...

For now, you can also get it here: Timer

As I am loading into the DATA\extension folder, it should be overwritten when loaded later from the Forge (and updated).
    Last edited by Arnagus; April 1st, 2024 at 21:22.

Confirmed that this is now available to download through the Forge.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Good option, can you make a sample video to show how it works?

Quote Originally Posted by anstett View Post
    Confirmed that this is now available to download through the Forge.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by plap3014 View Post
    Good option, can you make a sample video to show how it works?
    Will do on the weekend and post here.
    Last edited by Arnagus; April 6th, 2024 at 14:11.

I'm confused on what the real time expansion ext does.

It says it tracks stuff outside of combat in real time. Can you explain this to me or use examples of use?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I'm confused on what the real time expansion ext does.

It says it tracks stuff outside of combat in real time. Can you explain this to me or use examples of use?
    It does not track, it simply advanced time when the Timer runs using Clock Adjuster.

When you load Clock Adjuster, it puts a small window on the desktop where you can add an amount of hours, minutes, days, to advance time or initiate a short or long rest.

This is a manual process, you need to put the amount to advance into the fields and then double-click it.

Then, you have the Timer extension which can start and stop like a stop-watch. You can use it e.g. run it during combat and it will measure the time each player needs for each turn (reset on turn - option).

This extension now combines the two. Switch off the „reset on turn“, enable the new option, and let the Timer run. It will advance time minute by minute. So if your players are debating, time will advance at the same rate. You should however stop the Timer when entering combat (something not yet automated).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Arnagus; April 6th, 2024 at 14:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnagus View Post
    It does not track, it simply advanced time when the Timer runs using Clock Adjuster.

When you load Clock Adjuster, it puts a small window on the desktop where you can add an amount of hours, minutes, days, to advance time or initiate a short or long rest.

This is a manual process, you need to put the amount to advance into the fields and then double-click it.

Then, you have the Timer extension which can start and stop like a stop-watch. You can use it e.g. run it during combat and it will measure the time each player needs for each turn (reset on turn - option).

This extension now combines the two. Switch off the „reset on turn“, enable the new option, and let the Timer run. It will advance time minute by minute. So if your players are debating, time will advance at the same rate. You should however stop the Timer when entering combat (something not yet automated).
    I see, thank you for explaining this. I can see how this is useful for people that like to play that way.

Pretty much in your example is the DM is saying the time players are talking about something or inaction is counted as "in game time also" for the story/characters so this tool will progress time by real time in these cases. Whereas before you would have to say "ok the players used up 10mins while they were thinking" then manually put that into clock adjuster to progress the time.

This is a good idea. I like it.

Thread Information