STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last
    How we can let other player show the classes. when i want to create the module i cant select it. any idea how we can do this?

Blog Entries
    /export in chat and then close FG and start again.
    Go into Library, Module Activation and activate the new Module and set it to Shared.
    Players will need to go into Library, Module Activation and activate the new Module.

yeah i know that, the problem is my custom classes created is not in the export option.
    Last edited by GMpatriotes; March 6th, 2019 at 09:43.

export.png
    deuxieme.png

First picture was the export everything was in double. surely a mistake i did.
    and second thing the classes(metier) is not in the export.
    Last edited by GMpatriotes; March 9th, 2019 at 01:21.

Blog Entries
    Classes is not in CoreRPG or in MoreCore.
    You would need to code the export function to also export Classes in the Extension...

you know if semeone did a guide to create this?

Blog Entries
    No guide.
    have a look at \scripts\manager_export_morecore.lua
    you will need to add the additional class\classes and then include your file in the extension.xml with something like:

<script name="ExportManagerMoreCore" file="scripts/manager_export_morecore.lua" />

Quote Originally Posted by GMpatriotes View Post
    you know if semeone did a guide to create this?
    Have a look at the CoreRPG scripts\data_library.lua file - this has a table of the FG data records supported in that ruleset - called aRecords - this includes a "bExport" flag, that indicates if the record can be exported into a module. There are comments at the top of the file that give info on the fields.

Now, have a look at the scripts\data_library_5E.lua file in the 5E ruleset. This has a aRecordOverrides table, that is used (in the onInit() function at the bottom of the file) to override the base aRecords in CoreRPG - using LibraryData.overrideRecordTypeInfo

This should point you in the right direction to be able to add your custom data into the export window, this also has the advantage of allowing you to register sidebar buttons and control them via the icons at the top of the library window. The disadvantage is that you need to create a nice sidebar button!
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 14th, 2019 at 13:43.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks guys. i will try to do this week end.

Thread Information