STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    FG uses several different file extensions

.pak is for rulesets
    .ext is for extensions
    .mod is for modules
    .ppk is for portraits

All of them are actually ZIP files. If you install 7zip it will recognise files as such.
    perfect

Now the journey begins

I have followed the first tutorial and displayed my background but get the watermark With a big ID in a circle

How do I remove this

thanks

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Amatiste

All rolls shoudl really be in the MoreCore ruleset just so that they are available to everyone.
    I encourage everyone to make new rolls and donate them to MoreCore.
    I cant recall Video 5 but based on its title Im making new rolls and as such I was doing it in the ruleset.
    You can create a roll in an extension if you prefer.

What are you working on? Any sneak peeks?
    I KNEW it would pay off to go through the 9 pages and look for someone asking this . I too got up to #5 and the adding of the new roll. I see it is already IN MoreCore so I created a similar one. I am just doing it to work through the examples more than YET as a new roll since haven't planned these yet.

I do not want to add it to MoreCore since I will be updating MoreCore whenever you do and not sure how long will need it to be "live" - thankfully, not being an autoupdate, I can safely just STAY on the old one but figure, rather learn how to do it if can.

I'll wait until finish reading this stuff in case you give tips later. But it would be cool to know how to do in your own thing so we don't risk mucking MC or just getting confused what's where until are "done" and can add it in for reals.

FYI - was asked to do a Char Sheet for White Box. But as part of that, figure learn your thang

I ended up copying the files mentioned in your write up on custom rolls in tutorial 5.

I took out everything that I did not have to modify on the xml and put a merge=“join” on em. There was one I believe (can’t check now) I did a replace.

The lua I copied and assume simply ly reregistering it with same key dumped old one for this (it worked so assume not calling the original. I should check hat make sure didn’t scroll by fast as it printed twice. Pretty sure it was only once).

So far so good, it only had minor changes like accounting for nat 20 vs 20 total (and same for 1) I didn’t go through existing rolls to see if any worked since this was meant for learning mainly.

Do you have a repository (or perhaps a git) where you keep the code for these instructional videos?

One of my players wants to learn and I suggested her to start by going through the vids to get a feel for XML and Lua with FG.

Do you have the final output of that series? She will just have to visually ignore what hasn't been done yet.

Side note: I am thinking of every time I make a change do a video on how I did it. My changes are usually small, but may help someone. The reason I ask is because I build mostly using More Core. So I just wanted to see if you're cool with that.

Thread Information