5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 14 of 21 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    Bidmaron, I updated the notes in LibraryData just now.

Regards,
    JPG

Updates

• [CoreRPG+] Moved modifier box and dice tower back under full background image panel to match chat window.

Note: While there is a lot of expressed interest in having a full background image panel with chat/modifier stack/dice tower over the top, the original intent of the full panel is for at table play. Also, to create a good implementation for online play will require more time than is available for this release (Dec. 18).

Regards,
    JPG

Updates

• URL links were no longer working from hot key bar. Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Strange, I can not seem to produce the crash issue on the latest version of the client in the Test channel, though I know this was an issue a couple revisions ago. Can you try running an Update to get the latest client and try again? If still an issue, can you be very specific on steps you found to reproduce?
    Changed back to live, deleted all my rulesets, changed back to Test and re-downloaded them all. Created a new DnD campaign, no extensions, shared a map. Shared the map again without changing to panels and had no problem. Changed the player's map to Panel, shared that same map again and player's client crashed.
    Video: https://youtu.be/4AJVl_mw7ZU

While I'm sure that more savvy users such as yourself would have no problem getting around the fact the chat window, modifier stack, dice tower and sidebar obscure parts of the image, I'm worried about users who are not as familiar with Fantasy Grounds being confused and unable to access those parts of the image at all. Let me think on it a bit, and talk with Doug a bit as well.
    Completely agree, but I can tell that this would be a very popular feature. But honestly, if that can be added later using an extension for us savvy users I would really appreciate. Or even having a setting in options "Show Chat on Fullscreen Panel", but having it off by default in the future, would be great.

Also, thanks for the catch on the Cypher rulesets. I set them up wrong in the update system.
    Glad to be of service.

Now I just noticed that the panel isn't anchored to the chat anymore, instead it's in a fixed position. Not sure if it's a bug, but it does look horrible on Savage Worlds, since the chat will overlap part of it https://i.imgur.com/M4jFpCI.jpg and not being able to resize how much of the screen you want the panel to use (I would want to fit my CT that's larger than the chat, for example).

Anyway, thanks a lot for the effort on this panel feature, I love it.

Edit: Not sure if this is tied to the problem mentioned above, just tried attacking on Savage Worlds while using panels and it crashed. I might have a friend test it too and report if he also gets the same crashes when hosting, but he sure did when he was connected on my server. Not trying to be repetitive, just mentioning that both crash problems are still present.
    Last edited by Dr0W; December 9th, 2018 at 05:30.

Ok, I can't recreate the player client crash you've shown, which is concerning. Can anyone else recreate? (i.e. While the player client has a previously shared image window, they send to background panel. Next, the GM re-shares the map via the radial menu.)

Dr0W, can you double-check the version reported on the front screen of the FG launcher? Then, delete the FG client program (FantasyGrounds.exe); and run FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe to let it download a new one. (v3.3.6 and the original builds of v3.3.7 had a similar issue that was fixed.)

The initial background panel is deliberately not anchored to the chat window any more, because the chat window can be moved. Thus, anchoring to the right edge of the chat window is problematic as long as the chat window is movable. So, it's fixed to the default chat window edge, which will need to be adjusted for Savage Worlds. It's one of the reasons why I'm concerned about the chat window floating over the map in the first place in a pre-locked condition. As per the discussion with damned, the chat window is something that will need a redesign to accommodate a larger panel.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; December 9th, 2018 at 07:00.

I'm unable to recreate the issue either. I've tested on a number of different maps and with the DM and players screens of the same and different monitors and with and without the 5e theme and I don't see anything.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I can confirm that at the launcher was showing 3.3.7.
    Deleted FantasyGrounds.exe and let it download again, still crashes.

I'll have a friend who experienced same crash to try it while he is hosting and will come back to you later.

Also, I must say that once I was the only one having a bug on the SavageWorlds ruleset, that neither Ikael or anybody else could reproduce. This bug showed up from time to time, and uninstalling FG and deleting everything wouldn't fix it. I would either go on a full format, or download a registry cleaner and clean my computer's registry from anything FG related, that was the only way to fix it (until it showed up a few months later).
    This bug stopped happening for over a year now, but I do find it possible that I am the only one with those crashes right now.

Edit: My friend just tried, had the very same crash. I had him follow the very same steps, and he crashed on his own computer acting as both, host and client.
    Then I asked him to host for me, told him to share map and got a crash once again. So it's crashing for both of us, both ways. Video: https://youtu.be/Dy5M2uN7y7c
    We also tried using just CoreRPG, same crash.
    Last edited by Dr0W; December 9th, 2018 at 14:00.

I made the same thing (new install whitout traces of the FG), and the crash occur in various rulesets (official and fan made) the test was made in local network and connected with a person in another location, none of the extensions on the list was loaded.
    1 - The DM opens a map and share
    2 - The Player change the map to panel mode
    3 - The DM share the same map

BOOM! Fantasy Grounds in player side Crash!

Thanks, guys. I was also reviewing the code as well, and I see an area where the original logic may be problematic for the new panel implementation. I'll try to get something early next week for you guys to try.

Thanks,
    JPG

Updates

• [CoreRPG+] Toggling carried status of container did not update carried status of contained item if location field did not match letter cases. Fixed.
    • [DEV][CoreRPG+] Added support for "notes" field in simple reference list window ("reference_list" class).

Thread Information