5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 12 of 21 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Are all of the clients (GM and player) using v3.3.7 when it crashes? Or are only some on v3.3.7 and others on v3.3.6?

The full panel is made mostly for face to face play, since it obscures the other panels, like sidebar, chat window, modifiers, dice tower, etc. . It can be used in a regular game by toggling between the smaller and larger panel when needed. With the current architecture, the full panel can not be placed under the chat/modifiers/etc, because the current version of FG requires images to go to the edge of the screen, And that would make portions of the map unable to be seen or interacted with.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Are all of the clients (GM and player) using v3.3.7 when it crashes? Or are only some on v3.3.7 and others on v3.3.6?
    Both using 3.3.7. In fact, even both being the very same machine that is me using a client to connect on a single computer. But I had the same problem with a friend online: When I re-shared the map both crashed: My second client and his.

With the current architecture, the full panel can not be placed under the chat/modifiers/etc, because the current version of FG requires images to go to the edge of the screen, And that would make portions of the map unable to be seen or interacted with.

Regards,
    JPG
    I understand the problem it would cause, so this is another problem for Savage Worlds:

https://i.imgur.com/I5RKcOF.jpg

Personally... I love how it looks and would use it exactly this way. I do understand what problems it might cause (and would tell my players to switch between modes should they ever happen).

Edit: I also noticed that the rulesets for Cypher System, Numenera and The Strange were being put in the App Directory, not the Data Directory. Had to move them manually to the right folder for them to work.
    Last edited by Dr0W; December 7th, 2018 at 17:05.

Strange, I can not seem to produce the crash issue on the latest version of the client in the Test channel, though I know this was an issue a couple revisions ago. Can you try running an Update to get the latest client and try again? If still an issue, can you be very specific on steps you found to reproduce?

While I'm sure that more savvy users such as yourself would have no problem getting around the fact the chat window, modifier stack, dice tower and sidebar obscure parts of the image, I'm worried about users who are not as familiar with Fantasy Grounds being confused and unable to access those parts of the image at all. Let me think on it a bit, and talk with Doug a bit as well.

Also, thanks for the catch on the Cypher rulesets. I set them up wrong in the update system.

Regards,
    JPG

Updates

• [CoreRPG+] Modifier stack, character list and dice tower panels moved above full background image panel.
    • [DEV] Panel order not maintained when using merge attribute. Fixed.

Updates

• [Cypher] Streamlined ruleset to inherit more CoreRPG capabilities, including the new changes.
    • [Traveller] Streamlined ruleset to inherit more CoreRPG capabilities, including the new changes.
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; December 8th, 2018 at 00:19.

Blog Entries
    Updates

• [CoreRPG+] Modifier stack, character list and dice tower panels moved above full background image panel.
    • [DEV] Panel order not maintained when using merge attribute. Fixed.
    Hi Moon Wizard can the Chat Window also move above?
    As the Chat Window is resizable it can be scaled up or down and moved elsewhere by the GM and Players to minimise its impact on the full screen map.

Edit and the sidebar?

Last edited by madman; December 8th, 2018 at 00:22.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

That's the issue I'm wrestling with. The chat window is not obviously movable/resizable. Also, it's a panel that is linked to an edge until you move it; and the position gets saved on exit. Finally, it is a large blocker of the map, unlike the other items. I think the way the chat window is implemented will need to be rethought before I do that.

Regards,
    JPG

Updates

• [CoreRPG+] Increased the vertical size of image partial background panel.

Blog Entries
    The unlock button could possibly move to an always visible button like the Help buttons perhaps?

mc-unlock.jpg

Thread Information