STAR TREK 2d20

Ruleset documentation for CoC 7e

I am opening separate thread to make suggestions for a ruleset documentation. I believe that all commercial rulesets need one, because some have tons of features that many users are not aware of, because it is not written inside the ruleset. Examples are the 5e and Savage Worlds. I had to watch YouTube videos for the latter to learn about some functionalities, which is quite bad approach in general.

The idea is not to document the features in the CoreRPG ruleset, but the specifics of the layered one.

Anyway, to avoid the indefinite insanity I will not say everything, but will list it in most complete form.
    • Interface Components specific for the ruleset - the HRD,EXT, penalty and bonuses, Impale icon etc.
    • Character Sheet interface elements - those small checkboxes that have tool-tips, might be presented with image with explanation for players
    • Character Creation Process - I think it must be part of the ruleset, not website in the wild
    • How to create custom occupations properly - even if XML edit is necessary
    • Usage of check-boxes in Edit Skill List mode and regular mode
    • Automated features - indefinite insanity toggle, Automatic Impale when Extreme success is achieved with combat skill and other that I haven't figured out by now
    • Chase system and how to use it properly
    • How the Era library is related to the Game: Era setting in Options
    • Using Effects and Modifier library (I know it is not used in CoC, but clarification is good)
    • How to create/edit NPCs

PS: This is spin-off from this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...inite-insanity
    Last edited by Valyar; November 6th, 2018 at 09:26.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Documenting the "Reset Session Sanity" feature from the Party Sheet is a must as well!!!
    Last edited by Valyar; November 18th, 2018 at 00:36.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I totally agree with that.
    I'm starting to use CoC and FGU and the learning curve is rather hard.

Thread Information